2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    11 frikkin years in this one. Not for much longer though :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Two employers since I left school 24 years ago. I've been with Royal Mail 19 years - but in my office of 165 people more than 40 of them have been there longer than me!
  • stoveman
    stoveman Posts: 125
    Had 4 changes 5 changes of employer in 30+ years,virtually unheard of in the chef world,as today seems to be the norm for chefs to move every 12 months or so.Where as my stays have been 4 years,10 years,8 years,14months,8 years.
    Ironically now back as Head Chef in the very same kitchen I done my apprenticeship in back in the 80's albeit under a different employer.
  • I think it is partly an age thing: My first employer out of University lasted 3 years, second one 8 years, third and possibly last, 13 years and counting. Promotions and experience come more quickly when you are younger so you tend to move around more.
  • Left school at 16 for an engineering apprenticeship. 4 years.
    Left in 84 as no permanent vacancies available so worked elsewhere for 6 months. Had to leave as contracted industrial dermatitis.
    Took a selling job in engineering equipment and did that for 5 1/2 years. (Hated it!)
    Got taken back on with my first employer as an engineer. Stuck with them for 16 years before taking redundancy.
    Been with current employer for almost 10 years now, no intention of moving. Happy as I am with no ladder climbing aspirations.

Bloody hell, I've been working for over 35 years!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    30 years this September with the same employer. Although they keep changing what their called, I've got a draw full of different name badges l.e. NHS Authority, NHS Teaching Trust, NHS Foundation Trust and so on.