• Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Whichever one you like the look of the most / hoods fit your hands the best
  • PTestTeam
    PTestTeam Posts: 395
    Depends if you have an Italian bike?
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Record EPS. The only difference between it and SR EPS is a bit cut out the shifter and a slightly lighter chain set and cassette. They shift exactly the same.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Sram ETap
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Are there any stats available which might differentiate the Campy from Shimano strictly on reliability grounds? For some reason I have it in my head that Campy has thrown up more wobbles but this may just have come from a few forum posts where it has been mentioned. If they were both similar reliability, I'd have an automatic preference for the Campy ergos.

Peter
  • djvagabon
    djvagabon Posts: 262
    I have a pinarello dogma. I have Campagnolo super record at the minute but I had dura ace on my old bike. I think they are both amazing but I've never used the electronic versions.
    Has anybody used both and can anyone give me feed back on which they prefer? I have read that shimano are slightly more reliable but I prefer the aesthetics of the Campagnolo group set.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    PTestTeam wrote:

Utter bollox. Just because a bike is Italian doesn't mean it has to settle for a Campag groupset and lifewise, a non-Italian bike doesn't have to settle for SRAM or Shimano. Rider preference is what matters and so called purists are behind with the times.

I agree with SRAM Etap.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    philthy3 wrote:
    PTestTeam wrote:

Utter bollox. Just because a bike is Italian doesn't mean it has to settle for a Campag groupset and lifewise, a non-Italian bike doesn't have to settle for SRAM or Shimano. Rider preference is what matters and so called purists are behind with the times.

I agree with SRAM Etap.

This always reminds me of Pantani setting the record up Alpe d'Huez on a Wilier with Dura Ace. A very Italian rider on a very Italian bike but riding Shimano.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Dabber wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    PTestTeam wrote:

I agree with SRAM Etap.

This always reminds me of Pantani setting the record up Alpe d'Huez on a Wilier with Dura Ace. A very Italian rider on a very Italian bike but riding Shimano.

Lance Armstrong won 7 TDF's doped out his t*ts on Shimano. Must be the dopers choice of groupset.
  • PTestTeam
    PTestTeam Posts: 395
    philthy3 wrote:
    PTestTeam wrote:

I agree with SRAM Etap.

I knew I'd get a bite
  • neilr4
    neilr4 Posts: 161
    I love these Campag vs shimano topics, time for popcorn :lol::lol::lol:

Most of the people that post them are completely unaware how venomous some of the campag purists can get!!!

Folks who use SRAM or Shimano are generally less agressive...... just something I`ve noticed in general.

Use what you like/prefer but the discussions are always entertaining :lol:
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE
    SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    PTestTeam wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    PTestTeam wrote:

I agree with SRAM Etap.

I knew I'd get a bite

Lol, personally I'm shim but etap looks interesting. I would also put campy on an Italian bike but hey....
  • djvagabon
    djvagabon Posts: 262
    I've got SRAM on my mountain bikes and never been overly impressed with it. I have used super record and dura ace. They are amazing but if I had to choose it would probably be dura ace. It's a hard choice because they are both so good.