time has taken its toll on you friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,545
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
it's friday! it's the crazyhead tribute title!

today i will mostly be going to the gym, vegging out, going to a bar, and then eating japanese food

may do a bit of work too, but not decided yet
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    Mornin.

Trains are screwed up but managed to get on another route.

Should be fun in the office today seeing the fashion disasters that result from our new dress down Friday. I may have fun tormenting badly dressed minions :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Drove to work in thick fog this morning. I lost count of the number of numpties who have no lights on.

The older I get, the better I was.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,018
    The scales were friendly to me today so I might keep up this health kick until the next time I fall off in a spectacular drunken fashion.

Snagging meeting this morning because of some people's lack of quality control on site. So basically about a tenners worth of timber is going to cost me £6-700.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The scales were friendly to me today so I might keep up this health kick until the next time I fall off in a spectacular drunken fashion.

Snagging meeting this morning because of some people's lack of quality control on site. So basically about a tenners worth of timber is going to cost me £6-700.

The great joys of 'Design and Build'. The biggest disasters waiting to happen in construction are where the client hands over control to the contractors. Can't wait to see all the schools from the 'Building Schools for the Future' programme start to tumble down in the next 10-20 years.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Mr Goo wrote:

The great joys of 'Design and Build'. The biggest disasters waiting to happen in construction are where the client hands over control to the contractors. Can't wait to see all the schools from the 'Building Schools for the Future' programme start to tumble down in the next 10-20 years.

Along with all the timber frame social housing built as a result of the HCA/Housing Corps push for modern "methods of contruction" in the last decade. Off to two sites later one tradtional construction and one timber frame - I know which one I prefer, it just so happens that the trad one is in Ashbourne as well rather then the timber frame one in Coalville - the sublime (ish) to to the quite frankly run down.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Morning

Working from home because of the various contractors today, hopefully the man making noise outside will sort the phones and get my broadband working.

Later is the pub, obviously
  • sungod
    ooo, just had an update that my sram etap set is in the delivery van and will arrive today :)

time to start digging other things out ready for fitting, i'll be changing my shiny bike from 10 to 11-speed in the process, i foresee several hours in the shed
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Morning all,
    Wobbled in through the fog today, lots of numpties with no lights as above. The silver cars with no lights were almost completely invisible. Being Fryday I will of course be consuming fried pig of the dead variety. Then I'm bunking off at 3 as I'm ahead on hours for this week. I'm enjoying my current flexitime arrangement. Might take the longer route home and ride along the river and through the cycling mecca that some people seem to think Richmond Park is. Makes it intolerable when it's busy on a sunny weekend but should be quite pleasant this afternoon.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mornin.

Should be fun in the office today seeing the fashion disasters that result from our new dress down Friday. I may have fun tormenting badly dressed minions :)

I do not understand that one. Minions dress in blue dungarees, how on earth could they dress down?
    sungod wrote:
    ooo, just had an update that my sram etap set is in the delivery van and will arrive today :)

time to start digging other things out ready for fitting, i'll be changing my shiny bike from 10 to 11-speed in the process, i foresee several glorious hours in the shed

FTFY

Lucky basket. Why not the kitchen? It's well lit, clean and much better for that sort of thing and you're also very close to the kettle, biscuits and the sink. If the OH may object, it's because you didn't furnish her with spondoolicks for shopping, eating and the suggested 'honey, you've been so hard working and pushed for time, why don't you have a girls night out, i'm a bit tired, i'll stay at home?', so don't give me bollox about her 'not approving' etc.

Went to the bank to see if I can finance Pinno's project profit but the computer systems had been updated but weren't working yet :roll: So re-scheduled for next week.

Decided that muc-off is good but is expensive and not good value for money. What Morgan blue for transmission de-greasing or is there another alternative? I'd rather sell my kids than open up a thread elsewhere on this one.

Waiting for a part to arrive before I can do any work. Hopefully sooner rather than later*.

*That may or may not be true.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    Decided that muc-off is good but is expensive and not good value for money. What Morgan blue for transmission de-greasing or is there another alternative?

get a 5 litre container of citrus degreaser, apply, scrub, rinse, done; it's not as environmentally nasty as white spirit, though both will be redolent of the removed grease of course
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Decided that muc-off is good but is expensive and not good value for money. What Morgan blue for transmission de-greasing or is there another alternative?

get a 5 litre container of citrus degreaser, apply, scrub, rinse, done; it's not as environmentally nasty as white spirit, though both will be redolent of the removed grease of course

That narrows it down :roll:

There is:

Dirtwash
    Unloob
    LifeLine
    Weldtite
    Finish line
    Morgan Blue
    Juice lubes
    Virosol
    2Work
    Apeel RTU
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mornin.

I do not understand that one. Minions dress in blue dungarees, how on earth could they dress down?
    Compulsory dungarees - now there's an idea :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo, pics.

Just had to go across town for a meeting, graduation today so a cat walk of fashion disasters!

Poker with the gentlemen tonight, after Telfords. Loake gave me free shoe polish and laces, yet i've never bought anything from them.

I should hit the gym
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

That narrows it down :roll:

There is:

Dirtwash
    Unloob
    LifeLine
    Weldtite
    Finish line
    Morgan Blue
    Juice lubes
    Virosol
    2Work
    Apeel RTU

personally, i'd just get the cheapest concentrated citrus degreaser :roll: :D

http://www.greenstat.co.uk/storefront/2 ... uLD_KiLTfA
  • Af'noon all.
    Was going to ride in today but it was a real pea souper. My trundle in is along rural fast roads so fog scares me. It certainly scared me this morning, and I was encased in metal and glass.
    Work over for the week. Had to do some elearning at work today, so now having a cider. Then I'm having beer and pizza.
    It is now glorious outside. Typical.
    In other news, my elderly neighbour is demolishing his shed, and is going to bust it up so I can burn it. This is pleasing, as I am almost out of kindling, and when I get my chopper out, Mrs BBG gets nervous.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    Picking the kids up from their new school for the first time, there are some decent milfs - am I allowed to say that?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,018
    The world has not all gone to shite, dropped the Mrs off at one of her clients, swapped into the driving seat and went to get some shopping.

Realised that as I got out my wallet was on my lap and I'd dropped it on the street. Went back and some guys were outside a pub and their mate was on his way to the Yorkshire bank (my cash card) to hand it in.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Today is the day I pay off my mortgage 8)
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • tlw1

Did you find a wallet in the street?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

Did you find a wallet in the street?

He did and he managed to pay for a shed... door hinge screw (second hand).
  • Today is the day I pay off my mortgage 8)
    Chapeau to you. Working hard on mine, then selling up and doing one where I can live mortgage free with a bit of cash in the bank. <raises glass>
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Chapeau to you. Working hard on mine, then selling up and doing one where I can live mortgage free with a bit of cash in the bank. <raises glass>

You could fast track that plan if you found Stevo's wallet.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Excellent, that makes it a very good day.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    TLW1 wrote:
    Picking the kids up from their new school for the first time, there are some decent milfs - am I allowed to say that?

...provided you do not expect any reciprocal comments about yourself.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • tlw1
    FishFish wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

:(
  • Stevo_666
    FishFish wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Better than commenting on people's teenage daughters...
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

I bought a litre of the stuff and its crap. I did boil the chain on the cooker in the degreaser after boiling it in washing up liquid. Must have taken 4 or 5 boil ups. The pot is very clean.
  • sungod
    fwiw i use it in an ultrasonic tank or simply scrub bits with it, i'd think high temperature would tend to boil off the more volatile bits that dissolve the oil

never found washing up liquid worked

maybe you got vegan degreaser by mistake?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,404
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Disgusting! Who did that? I'll knock their bloody teeth out.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Disgusting! Who did that? I'll knock their bloody teeth out.
    There's a clue in the quote above. And it wasn't Shropshire's answer to Oliver Reed :wink: