Mastik 1 in Mallorca?

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,471
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone know if it's easy to buy Mastik 1 in Mallorca?

For various reasons I may end up taking my tubular wheels on a three day holiday. I'll have the pre-glued spare (light Tufo) on the bike and another one or two pre-glued "proper" tyres with me. If I'm unlucky enough to puncture on the first or second day I'll want to re-glue a tyre in the evening. But Mastik 1 is highly flammable so presumably I can't take it with me on the flight..

Even better would be a shop that would do it for me while I wait in the evening... :)

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    No idea. Take tub tape with you?
  • neeb
    Fenix wrote:
    No idea. Take tub tape with you?
    Never used it, but I think the tyre and rim have to be glue free first? Unless it's the Belgian sort, in which case glue is needed too?
  • Take a tub of sealant with you?
    Ive taped tubs on over glue residue without any issues.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    I just usually use Tufo tape with pre- glued rim and tyre, this seems to give a great hold and allows the tub to be put on straight.
    I'd do this for your trip. Ideally a glued tub will need at least a day to dry and maximise the grip, which would keep you off the road, or at least the hills, for one of your days.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    I bought some tub glue in El Arenal once.

I reckon most of the bigger bike shops would have some. In the past I've just chucked some into my bike bag.
  • neeb
    Thanks for the tips, I'll just get some of the tufo tape.

Fingers crossed I won't need it! :)