Raleigh Performance 26 ?

stantheman206
stantheman206 Posts: 106
Anyone know anything about these?

http://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/Pr ... 9&pg=12916

I'm looking for a light weight no fuss mtb for my 10 year old lad. My lbs can get them but wiggle have them at the moment for around £250. From what I can see it is a great looking spec, good basis for upgrading and the bike looks great. I had posted another thread about a Cannondale 24 but now having done a bit of research unless im paying £500+ things like suspension are no good and heavy!! Therefore I am considering going for the rigid fork for now with the option to upgrade later

Any thought/advice/reviews would be appreciated.

Comments

• Yep, they are also loads more ££'s. I understand what you are syaing about the 26" wheels but they do a 24" version and is only 9.5kg!
  • Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    Anyone know anything about these?

http://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/Pr ... 9&pg=12916

I'm looking for a light weight no fuss mtb for my 10 year old lad. My lbs can get them but wiggle have them at the moment for around £250. From what I can see it is a great looking spec, good basis for upgrading and the bike looks great. I had posted another thread about a Cannondale 24 but now having done a bit of research unless im paying £500+ things like suspension are no good and heavy!! Therefore I am considering going for the rigid fork for now with the option to upgrade later

Any thought/advice/reviews would be appreciated.

The bolder bit is bollox spread by Frog and Isla to maximise their profits and repeated by parents who bought into it without actually trying.
    Specifically, The Cannondale Race 24 comes with RST F1rst Air ... Which weigh 1690g (about 600-700 more than rigid on most bikes) and work unbeleivably well. scale wise they seem better than my fox factory 100mm XC forks...

I'm a cynical old sod but the RSTs have exceeded expectations by a long way... Largely because I half believed the Isla/Frog marketing lies ....