Wiggle/Lifeline tyres - anyone tried them?

thepeginator
thepeginator Posts: 147
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
Particularly interested in the 'Prime Race Road' & 'Prime Armor Road' tyres.

Anyone used them or have any experience with them? Seems like if they're as decent as the reviews claim then the value for money is brilliant.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Switched to £7 road 25mm version... and have a couple spare. to use as and when.
    Used on the communter where least spent is best value.
    They go round and I end up at work... if thats any endorsement.
  • JGSI wrote:
    They go round and I end up at work... if thats any endorsement.
    That's probably the least I'd expect of any tyre at any price point :mrgreen:

I've been thinking about getting the 'armour' ones for the winter bike/single speed commuter etc as if the extra puncture only 1/2 punctures over the £7 version, then it's money well spent IMHO - but I totally understand your logic.
  • horizon
    horizon Posts: 91
    I've just bought a pair of their Essential Commuter 26 x 1.5" tyres for £7.60 each - haven't ridden them yet, but first impressions are good. Amazingly at this price, they have a folding bead, they're light, well finished and appear to be really good quality. Went on the rims really easily (note, they're directional). Made in China, but none the worse for that. For my commuter/shopper I'm sure they'll be ideal - and I'd definitely try the 700C ones in due course.
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    I've been using the essential commuter tyres on my cross bike to...commute... over winter. Two 30 mile round trips every week. No punctures, little wear and really can't complain. If they are indicative of the range and value is what you are after its a no brainer imho.
  • Thanks for the replies. Most of the feedback on them seems to be pretty positive, I'll give them a punt in the near future and report back.