sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    I agree, I'm driving to Birmingham today.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • And I'm off to Northampton to see if we've got squatters in some houses that are 90% completed but where the contractor went bust, quite ironic really as they are for a Housing Association
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    You've killed a god?

Wet pedal in today so out comes the decent cy long clothing

Not a lot else planned today other than the kids have got friends over from the new school later
  • weezyswiss
    weezyswiss Posts: 123
    Woke up, checked weather, cancelled the commute and working from home in the warmth :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Done chores. Answered emails. Made phone calls. It's 9.31 and my working day is nearly over. Ha ha.

It's very sunny but there's one helluva wind and it's sharp. Must have porage and then go pedal some.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Pinno wrote:
    Done chores. Answered emails. Made phone calls. It's 9.31 and my working day is nearly over. Ha ha.

It's very sunny but there's one helluva wind and it's sharp. Must have porage and then go pedal some.

Laters.
    Just change your username to arran and be done with it.

Busy day, just about to go into a tax industry forum with other heads of tax to exchange views on current issues and how to avoid being robbed by the latest efforts of the legalised global highwaymen.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Arran won't even be in my league soon. I don't even need colouring pencils.
  • homers_double
    Eurgh, Smethwick...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning all, not much more of it left though. Very busy here this morning, I've upset the whorehouse staff by running lots of large orders today. They struggle to see the correlation between customers and wages. However boring my life gets at least I will never knowingly venture into a tax industry forum. ;-) Bunking off a little early today, but then I started early again. Wednesday is pubday so all is well.
  • homers_double
    Wednesday is no-pub-day for me I'm afraid, going for a night ride though so that combined with the green stuff I've eaten so far will put me in a better mood than V68 in the morning!

I'm pretty sure It won't put me in a better mood around 9pm tonight though.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Veronese68 wrote:
    However boring my life gets at least I will never knowingly venture into a tax industry forum. ;-) Wednesday is pubday so all is well.
    I got free sandwiches out of Vodafone and got to chat to the tax manager of a well known coffee chain who was hot. So well worth it.

Tonight is pub night for me as well - pub quiz actually. I also heard that it's National Pie Week this week so it would be rude not to have a pie down the pub tonight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Cold, brutal ride in gusty winds. Farqed. I cannot remember such a bad winter for cycling. New saddle is good and the zero setback seatpin has changed things for the better, immeasurably.

Laters.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    ISO certification, client calls, presentations for tomorrow. The corporate world continues to churn slowly with not even any decent eye candy to make the day go quicker.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    ISO certification, client calls, presentations for tomorrow. The corporate world continues to churn slowly with not even any decent eye candy to make the day go quicker.

Maybe you should open a new line of lipstick or perhaps, other battery operated products for female use. Depending on what you deem as 'eye candy'. Up here, all you need is a van stacked with chips.
  • homers_double
    I also had a windy ride, I'm pretty sure if we'd gone the opposite way round there would have still been a head wind!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    It was North by North East, so I elected to go clockwise so that it would be 1 3rd headwind, 1 3rd cross wind and 1 3rd tailwind. Ha. It shifted whilst I was out (2 hours) and finally the cross wind at one particular point was so strong, with a ditch on both sides of a narrow road, a gust made me take my foot out of the pedal and stop.
    Don't think I have ever done that before.