Best saddle covers

ricgreen
ricgreen Posts: 103
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
Can anyone advise on Some decent saddle covers or saddle replacements to put onto my commuting flat bar Hybrid bike ?
As the saying might be said the saddles are like razor blades these days

Thanks

Comments

• doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    Bib shorts
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    If you are talking about those so called 'gel' saddle covers or similar, in my experience (albeit from a long time ago), they are rubbish and can even make things work. There is no substitute to finding a saddle that suits you and wearing the right cycling kit be that bibs, tights or shorts (under something else if you must). As to finding the right saddle, ask ten people and you will get 10 different recommendations as everyone's ass is different. Find a decent LBS that either has trial saddles or runs a swap system.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Charge Spoon is a cheap saddle that a lot of people seem to get on with,
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Fenix wrote:
    I might have just got unlucky but, although reasonably comfortable (but not outstandingly so), the Spoon that I bought was very hard on my bibs with noticeable wear after just a few rides. On the bright side, it sold on eBay for more than I paid for it In the first place.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • ayjaycee wrote:
    Fenix wrote:
    I might have just got unlucky but, although reasonably comfortable (but not outstandingly so), the Spoon that I bought was very hard on my bibs with noticeable wear after just a few rides. On the bright side, it sold on eBay for more than I paid for it In the first place.

Being polished by your butt adds value! Nice one, maybe you should diversify and polish other items and sell them?