No Tuesday thread?

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,013
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
Have the mods deleted it?

Is there something strange going on?

What is the worls coming to?

Anyway its wet here so I'm just being misserable, but I've ordered a new office chair so my buttocks will thank me in a few days. Onwards to white fish and salad for lunch :?
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,303
    Morning, I just couldn't be bothered. Piss-poor really. I feel the same way about much of today. If any pedants don't like my use of the hyphen it is completely necessary in that context. If they don't like it they can do one.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    thought id show my face, been busy and pissed off at the world recently so thought i'd avoid venting here!

Work is work, busy and irritating, sent an email before in anger, makes vague sense, wish I hadn't reread it or I had calmed down before I wrote it.

Need to find some shoes for a wedding, harder than it should be up north
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863
    Working locally means a chance to use a bike and today's bonus was meeting the current wife for lunch
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I bought bacon rolls into the office at about half 10 this morning and now I'm way more hungry than I usually am before lunch. Spent the morning processing this rather than working (shameless 'look at my picture' post:

12829345_10153803277125659_1536965501875635032_o.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,481
    TLW1 wrote:
    Working locally means a chance to use a bike and today's bonus was meeting the current wife for lunch
    Some people prefer a cash bonus :)

Busy morning, now waiting very patiently to see someone in Barclays about why they didn't allow a transfer into my pension even after their fraud dept checked with me that it was kosher :roll: And pedalling in has made me very hungry.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    HaydenM wrote:
    I bought bacon rolls into the office at about half 10 this morning and now I'm way more hungry than I usually am before lunch. Spent the morning processing this rather than working (shameless 'look at my picture' post:

Cool pic, where was that? No photoshop involved?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Nice pic, but what about one of the bacon sandwich?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,331
    Flâneur wrote:
    thought id show my face, been busy and pissed off at the world recently so thought i'd avoid venting here!

Work is work, busy and irritating, sent an email before in anger, makes vague sense, wish I hadn't reread it or I had calmed down before I wrote it.

Need to find some shoes for a wedding, harder than it should be up north

Yours?!! It would explain everything.

Chewsday started bad but got steadily better...
    Now for a short walk with Toots 2 and then some invoice delivery jobs before coffee shop/waitress oggling?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:

Location, location, location ? Nice pic. It was cloudy here last night :roll:
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Depends on what is meant by processing. I doubt he took it on a 35mm film, but would be impressed. Lovely picture by the way.
  • Flâneur
    @Pinno no my mates, I just get to be the best man and therefore need to look more spot on the normal. Probably end up with some Churches over Loakes. The North needs a good shoe shop, seriously nothing from Liverpool - Chester - Manchester

@Hay dece pic, I'll even accept the shameless posting

@Stevo could have been the lack of tax paid and they resented it, then again they are run by a hedge funder (i think still?)

Running before dinner late I think,
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Flâneur wrote:
    @Pinno no my mates, I just get to be the best man and therefore need to look more spot on the normal. Probably end up with some Churches over Loakes. The North needs a good shoe shop, seriously nothing from Liverpool - Chester - Manchester

@Hay dece pic, I'll even accept the shameless posting

@Stevo could have been the lack of tax paid and they resented it, then again they are run by a hedge funder (i think still?)

Running before dinner late I think,

There used to be a good shop in chester just over the bridge by the wier - not been for a while but might still be there

Where is the stag week then?
  • veronese68
    I'm sure I'd already written this, but it's vanished.
    After 25 years of this lark I still haven't worked out how to tell a garage to take a car to someone that knows what they are doing without offending them. Honestly, it's no wonder the motor trade has such a bad name with some of the muppets around. This is probably why I usually work on my own cars.
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:

What size are you? I have a handmade pair of English leather shoes size 9. Available for hire. Vomit insurance obligatory.
  • Flâneur
    no and no Pinno.
    I'll look tomorrow TLW, though I suspect it will be a pair of Church's
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur wrote:
    no and no Pinno.
    I'll look tomorrow TLW, though I suspect it will be a pair of Church's

not that any one asked but working in the wharf i invariably get churchs, but waste of money tbph imo
  • Flâneur
    maybe not, but I'll listen!
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Church, Loake or Barkers are all decent options. Depends whether you can find them in the Northern wastelands.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,535
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...The North needs a good shoe shop, seriously nothing from Liverpool - Chester - Manchester

this is why the jeffrey west website exists, for people in the suburbs to get access to pointy shoes

http://www.jeffery-west.co.uk/

i wore my black pair with the flashman's spirit sole to a wedding over the weekend, it was llandudno, they stood out a bit, but not as much as the blue satanicos with the skull zip pulls would have
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...The North needs a good shoe shop, seriously nothing from Liverpool - Chester - Manchester

this is why the jeffrey west website exists, for people in the suburbs to get access to pointy shoes

http://www.jeffery-west.co.uk/

i wore my black pair with the flashman's spirit sole to a wedding over the weekend, it was llandudno, they stood out a bit, but not as much as the blue satanicos with the skull zip pulls would have

^ Admit it: that's just plain nerdy closet goth gobble de gook.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Church, Loake or Barkers are all decent options. Depends whether you can find them in the Northern wastelands.

churchs stupidly overpriced imo
  • Flâneur
    TLW1 wrote:

No week, nothing crazy expensive as the wedding is on a Safari lodge in S.Africa.

Cheshire for some outdoor stuff, then Hawksmoor then sleep. there may be some booze in the middle and some costumes for paintballing that could be deemed inappropriate.

At least my mates know if I ever get married my stag is an ski holiday. we all go anyway but we don't have to take the women for a change
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

churchs stupidly overpriced imo
    They're all overpriced for bits of leather you stick on your feet. Some more than others. My Barkers were the least financially painful of the options available last year.
  • Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No week, nothing crazy expensive as the wedding is on a Safari lodge in S.Africa.

Cheshire for some outdoor stuff, then Hawksmoor then sleep. there may be some booze in the middle and some costumes for paintballing that could be deemed inappropriate.

At least my mates know if I ever get married my stag is an ski holiday. we all go anyway but we don't have to take the women for a change

should be vegas or bust. every stag do should be vegas.
  • Flâneur
    already sold my soul, twice there. Worse than Ibiza for losing all sense of life and time
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    already sold my soul, twice there. Worse than Ibiza for losing all sense of life and time

You didn't expect Playing Mantis to have any class did you? :roll:
  • Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

vegas is everything. classy as you make it. happiest place on earth
  • pinno
    Well that was easy...

1kickfish.gif
  • Pinno wrote:
    Well that was easy...

1kickfish.gif

its gets in your blood...look when i can persuade my one and only in culver city, LA to give me another chance ( :roll: :cry: ) and things reach there natural conclusion when she does, as the newly reunited/found father of the groom you will be expected to come on the stag and there only one place i'm going...so u will see the light then, and become a member of our expanded wolfpack...we're the 3 best friends that any....
  • Flâneur
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Nothing about Vegas is about class, it can be classy but it is escapism at its finest
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy