Fulcrum Quattros - 11 speed ok?

crescent
crescent Posts: 1,201
edited March 2016 in Road general
Hoping someone can put my mind at ease here. I recently snapped up a bargain SRAM Rival 22 group set to fit to my summer bike. The bike currently has a previous version of Rival on it which is only 10 speed. My wheels are Fulcrum Quattros (2014 model). I am now beginning to doubt if the wheels are compatible with an 11 speed cassette. I can't check because I am working away from home for three weeks but would like to organise return of the group set if it is not compatible and buy something else so that I can start the rebuild as soon as I come home again. Does anyone know off the top of their head if they are compatible?

Thanks for any info. Cheers.
Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"

Comments

• bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Be very surprised if they aren't. Just had a google and 2014 models appear to be. Indeed, I am fairly sure they've been 11 speed since they were released!
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Both 2013 and 2014 are 11sp.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    If my previous experience using Fulcrum 5s (and Mavic Aksiums) with Tiagra 10 speed is anything to go by, when you take the existing 10 speed cassette off, you will probably find a thin stainless steel spacer between it and the hub. Leave it off if fitting the 11 speed cassette.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Excellent. Thanks for the info. I did Google it but couldn't find a definitive answer as the Quattros seem to be discontinued. Anyway, much happier now, can't wait to get on with the rebuild. Cheers.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I had 2013 Quattros and they were 11spd compatible so 2014 are guaranteed 100% compatible.