Error Syncing with Garmin Connect

bluemoon17
bluemoon17 Posts: 718
edited March 2016 in Road general
Created a couple of workouts using Garmin Connect to send to my Garmin 520 earlier this week and just get the following error message in Garmin Express: "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect".

I'm using software version 4.10, and I've tried logging in and out of Garmin Connect, as well as uninstalling/reinstalling Garmin Express.

Anybody got any ideas on what to do next?

Comments

• merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I had the same thing with my garmin 500. Got in touch with support who were totally useless and took several weeks at a time to reply, when they did, it was just generic copying and pasting from a script and it was clear that they hadn't bothered reading my email.
    Eventually I had the idea of googling how to do a hard reset / master reset on the garmin and it worked. It was obvious in hindsight.
    Good luck
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Same here earlier someones broken it. im using 4.1.16. gave up went back to manual loading.
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    I had a similar problem last year after an update.I could see my old stuff but not upload new to it. Solved it by logging on under a different email address and starting again .So far it still works ok.
  • LockyHK
    LockyHK Posts: 16
    Over the last week or two I found Garmin Connect to be hit and miss with syncing. It eventually works but me thinks they are having some problems with their servers perhaps?
  • olake92
    olake92 Posts: 182
    You can try deleting your sync queue, remaking the course/workout etc, but reinstalling Express probably sorted all of that. Have you tried a factory reset on your Garmin?
    I'm on Twitter! Follow @olake92 for updates on my racing, my team's performance and some generic tweets.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    olake92 wrote:
    You can try deleting your sync queue, remaking the course/workout etc, but reinstalling Express probably sorted all of that. Have you tried a factory reset on your Garmin?

Not yet, going to try a couple of other things before I reset it.

Is there an easy way to save activity profiles so they don't have to manually be created again after the reset?
  • JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    Try syncing using the option in the Garmin Express software rather than on the Garmin Connect website
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    JimboM wrote:
    Try syncing using the option in the Garmin Express software rather than on the Garmin Connect website
    This 8)
    If I open Garmin Express,then Garmin Connect my Edge 800 automatically syncs.