Uploading historic data to Strava

kbmack
kbmack Posts: 73
edited March 2016 in Road general
Hi everyone

Ever so slightly behind the curve I have just signed up to Strava. Today my run 'synced' automatically and flawlessly from my Forerunner 220 device but I do not know how to upload all of my historic data from both my running GPS watch and Edge 810.

Firstly, is this possible?

Secondly, if so, is there a 'special way' of doing this that I am clearly missing?

I have the usual Garmin Connect and Garmin Express links established along with Bluetooth connectivity via my Iphone 5c.

Anyhow, if anyone can give me a heads-up that would be very much appreciated.

Regards and thanks

KBMack

Comments

• Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    https://tapiriik.com should be able to sync your old Garmin data with Strava
  • kbmack
    kbmack Posts: 73
    Hi

Many thanks for the advice and link.

I connected as suggested and it uploaded a month's worth of running and riding so that was good.

For some reason, it didn't capture the whole history but no matter. I'm quite enjoying learning about 'tcx files' and the like and acquiring the 'skill' of uploading the data!

It's gonna take a while, admittedly but Strava is quite a revelation, isn't it (well, for the uninitiated)?

Regards

KBMack
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    Thanks for the link Ste. I decided to sync garmin connect and strava to get some rides from 2013 on both. Think I may of upset some people with the 'uh oh' email :)