2016 Giant TCR Advanced SL 1!

jlhopwo
jlhopwo Posts: 27
edited March 2016 in Your road bikes
Just home today, I'm so stoked! Pictures coming soon, but it is so awesome. I have one picture, but let's just say it is not in-line with the expectations of this board :-)

Comments

• jlhopwo
    Ok, actually, I couldn't wait! Here you go! Better pics later I promise.

fYWsgdk.jpg
  • Boom! ........looking good.........
  • src1
    src1 Posts: 301
    That looks really nice! What do you think of the ride?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There was an SL 2 in my LBS which really turned my head. Fluro yellow mind but still looks awesome and I am not generally a Giant fan.

I was looking at a Cervelo S3 beforehand but this has made me seriously reconsider. Even may just get a frameset and build one.
  • Richard66
    Richard66 Posts: 11
    That's a great looking bike :D
  • jlhopwo
    @SRC1 Sadly, I haven't ridden it yet. Got the seat mast cut today, but raining. Rode it on the trainer a little to try to dial in the position vis a vis my old bike.

@Richard66 It is pretty nice. Nicer in person. :-)
  • jlhopwo
    Also, here is weight of size Small, pedals (xpedo chromemoly), Garmin mount, and cages (2x Arundel Mandible)- 6.820Kg

6PJgFFI.jpg
  • jlhopwo
    Ok, here is a pic after cutting the seat mast. I have a fitting in a few days to sort saddle position and stem length.

4iBFPlh.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    jlhopwo wrote:
    Ok, here is a pic after cutting the seat mast. I have a fitting in a few days to sort saddle position and stem length.

4iBFPlh.jpg

Lets hope they didn't cut the seatpost too short after you have had your bike fit.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    That's a beaut. What do you make of the wheelset?
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • jlhopwo
    @magliarosa- It's cut to my current Retul bike fit. If I need less post with this fit, we can always cut or sand it down a few mm. If it needs to go up, there is 2.5cm (25mm) of spacers that can go in there. I'm thinking it's ok. We will see!

@SCRPedro- It is! It's much nicer in person :-) This is the first set of carbon wheels I've owned. I've only been on one ride, but the bike overall is very stiff and planted, even compared to my previous bike, a 2011 Cervelo S5. I'd say it's easily stiff that that bike, but more comfortable too. It subjectively didn't feel as bumpy I guess is the word as my S5.

More on the wheels here: http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/06/ ... les_375359

This bike (the SL 1) has the same wheels as the flagship (the SL 0), which are designated "SLR 0". So the only difference between my bike and the flagship is Ultegra instead of DA, and the paint job. Otherwise, same wheels, same frame, same finishing kit. The third bike in the "SL" category is the SL 2, which has the same frame, but it has "SL" instead of "SLR" finishing kit, Ultegra mechanical, and one down in the wheelset, the "SLR1" wheels.
  • jlhopwo
    Bike fit complete! Moar pics coming soon!
  • west green
    west green Posts: 134
    Very very nice, and of course the red makes it faster,
  • jlhopwo
    Just back from a bit wet Saturday morning ride. Fitting at 3dBikeFit in San Francisco was awesome, all sorted and ready to rock!

Also, if you're on Strava, https://www.strava.com/athletes/78244

kYWEs1a.jpg