Good trails for Cyclocross - Scotland or maybe a tiny bit further

scottjessuk
scottjessuk Posts: 58
edited April 2016 in Cyclocross
Hi just wondering if anyone has found any really good cyclocross trails in Scotland or slightly further that they can recommend. Got a week off in 9 days and want to get some good rides done.

Thanks in advance
Stevens Cyclocross
One One Pompino
Giant Talon 0

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Scotland is pretty big - can you be more specific in terms of area?
  • I'm in Scotland and I'm off for 9 days so distance isn't a problem :D
    Stevens Cyclocross
    One One Pompino
    Giant Talon 0
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Scotland has pretty well unlimited access, so simply pick a map, get exploring and really depends on how much hike-a-bike you enjoy? You'll probably end-up knee-deep in a peat-bog at some point regardless. Had some good riding in the Southern Uplands and Pentlands a few summers ago, including some trail-shredding at Glentress and Innerleithin and sections of the Southern Uplands Way.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Yep. Scots lead the way on this. Hopefully, once the Assembly elections are done, Wales might follow. Shouldn't be too difficult.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Mate of mine does Torridon and the pictures look stunning.

Scotlands a big place though, and it`s all available.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I enjoyed the trails around Balmoral (Ballaeter) - even cycled up Mt Keen which is a Monroe on my MTB but loads of cross stuff around then. Glen Tanar is pleasant. In short Royal Deeside / Aberdeenshire. I'm sure you'll find planty of routes throughout the highlands if I'm honest.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Bearing in mind there has just been a 200km gravel event in the vicinity of Kielder, how about there? Not Scotland but not far away.