What a lot of paperwork.

milemuncher1
milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
edited March 2016 in Road general
I've been organising social rides, for groups, for many years. I decided to enroll on a "ride leaders" course, with the Skyride lot, so that its all 'formalised'. I received all the course bumf. It surprising how many rules / regs / etc. that is associated with it all. :shock:

Comments

• ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Its all about elf 'n' safety these days. And accountability (legal-wise).

We have this problem where I work and I've came to the conclusion if you want to do any activity, such as a group bike ride, you're better off doing it outside work so you can do what the f you want.

When I drove to the shops today... there was a chav yoof on his cheap mtb pulling a weelie while cycling up the wrong side of the road into oncoming traffic, no helmet. I wonder if he did a risk assessment first?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    ben@31 wrote:
    Its all about elf 'n' safety these days. And accountability (legal-wise).

We have this problem where I work and I've came to the conclusion if you want to do any activity, such as a group bike ride, you're better off doing it outside work so you can do what the f you want.

When I drove to the shops today... there was a chav yoof on his cheap mtb pulling a weelie while cycling up the wrong side of the road into oncoming traffic, no helmet. I wonder if he did a risk assessment first?

That's it in a nutshell :wink: