Turdsday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,692
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks,
Mild Thursday hangover with associated wind is in evidence today. My head is cold as I was shorn last night. Another early start today, will be out for a couple of hours to take the girl in to school around midday. Other than that not much happening. Onwards and upwards...

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning peeps, late night, got to sleep around 5. God help anyone who annoys me today, phone has been muted.

One for the shirkers, can anyone recommend a good sound play system be in Sonos or Bose I don't really care. but essentially I want to be able to have something I can play music through from my phone/pc in the house. I'd prefer not to create an entire home server

Current place has a wired system which will have to stay and isn't fit for purpose anyway.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Flan; Go Sonos.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    edited March 2016
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning peeps, late night, got to sleep around 5. God help anyone who annoys me today, phone has been muted.

One for the shirkers, can anyone recommend a good sound play system be in Sonos or Bose I don't really care. but essentially I want to be able to have something I can play music through from my phone/pc in the house. I'd prefer not to create an entire home server

Current place has a wired system which will have to stay and isn't fit for purpose anyway.

How portable or otherwise do you want?

This plus some extra speakers of your choice should do a nice job... https://www.naimaudio.com/mu-so

Or more portable.. these are nice... http://www.bowers-wilkins.net/Wireless-Speakers/Wireless-Speakers/Zeppelin-Wireless
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    Anyway, my turdsday is now being disruprted by adverts on BR. I had firefox set up perfectly to block all the loreal adverts and guff that apears at the bottom however in a hissy fit FF has rebooted and lost all my addons.

I added a few back but can't get rid of the damn things...

Help...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Anyway, my turdsday is now being disruprted by adverts on BR. I had firefox set up perfectly to block all the loreal adverts and guff that apears at the bottom however in a hissy fit FF has rebooted and lost all my addons.

Help...

I gave up on FF for that and now my default browser is Opera and it is a great browser to get around once you get used to it.
    Then download a**dblock plus for Opera. I get the odd static ad but none of the annoying/page jumping all over the place ads that make you click on what you never intended to click on.

Easy to empty your browser cache with Opera - essential for watching live streaming. Easy to put the icons that you want on your personal Opera 'home page'. Easy to place bookmarks and get rid of them at a later date. None of the MSN/Yahoo style home page with crap news and the none story sucker headlines. I just added BR and the sites that I use most regularly to the home page, nothing gets foisted on you and if they place the odd 'auto recommended/sponsored site (it's almost an app style, with icons for all the web sites you put on it) you can just delete them. You can select what default search enging to use like other browsers.

I thoroughly recommend Opera.

Anyways, will go pedalling just as soon as this 'orrible grey cloud f*cks off.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    In sunny head office, but thankfully early dart for youngest birthday

Very happy boy with his table tennis table
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    I don't mind cold weather but I wish this round would just **** off now it's March. Took a good 3 miles to get some heat into the legs this morning, but once up to temperature it was fine.

Spent part of this morning wrestling with the Dutch again, then the rest negotiating contract clauses with a big Indian customer, complete PITA to deal with. At least I kept cool, our sales director lost his rag with them at one point which was quite amusing.

Onwards to more coffee and an early finish. Big board presentation tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Han Solo blaster finished

2B9C00E5-83B0-4965-97AC-8F3ADE88F04B_zpsurbnhmte.jpg

Ok, not 100% accurate but I did the best I could with a piece of wood, plastic pipe and the end of a garden hose.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68

Help...
    I just went to quote your reply to the hissy fit someone had about an advert in which you recommended FF. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, that thread seems to have been deleted.
  • homers_double
    Hmm, that comment just came back and bit me on the arse didn't it as I'm currently trying to avoid clicking on a website which gives me tips on how to retire at 55.

Who wants to retire at 55? Now if it said 50 I might have a peek.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Hmm, that comment just came back and bit me on the ars* didn't it as I'm currently trying to avoid clicking on a website which gives me tips on how to retire at 55.

It did a bit didn't it. :lol:
    8 tips to retire at 55? I can think of a few. Have a secure job that pays well, invest wisely, don't spunk all your money on birds and booze, buy a winning lottery ticket, etc.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hmm, that comment just came back and bit me on the ars* didn't it as I'm currently trying to avoid clicking on a website which gives me tips on how to retire at 55.

8 tips to retire at 55? I can think of a few. Have a secure job that pays well, invest wisely, don't spunk all your money on birds and booze, buy a winning lottery ticket, etc.
    I suppose I need to change my signature :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

And lifestyle
  • pinno
    ...and 'dog'.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    and team... Oh wait, you've done that already.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

And lifestyle
    Are you saying I should stop being tight?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

And lifestyle
    Are you saying I should stop being tight?

I think he is saying that the squeaking noise when you walk is giving him a headache.
  • Stevo_666
    Nothing a bit of 3 in 1 can't fix.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'd rather enjoy myself than just save for an early retirement.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sell your over valued house in London, buy one up here with change in your pocket and retire now to pedal on quiet roads. The daughter will thrive on fresh air.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I didn't say anything about stopping having fun, just changing my sig :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

As if either of those two options have any impact on achieving an early retirement :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

As if either of those two options have any impact on achieving an early retirement :roll:
    My comment was aimed more at the kind of thing that is probably in the link HD was talking about.