MTB Treasure Hunt

B_man84
B_man84 Posts: 4
edited March 2016 in XC and Enduro
Hi All,

I am starting up a monthly Treasure Hunt, where the treasure is a mountain bike or frame.

The concept involves me placing a frame in a recognizable location, i.e at a trig point or at a well known junction of trails. I will then snap a photo and post it to the facebook page. Then the race is on. The first to reach the bounty can take it home....

I will sit at the location and wait for the first rider to arrive.

In order for it to be a success I need lots of likes on the facebook page, otherwise I may just end up sitting in the cold for hours waiting for no-one!

The link is below, you will find some further details on the page.

Cheers

Brendan
https://www.facebook.com/MTBtreasurehunt/

Comments

• B_man84
    Bump
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Sorry but can't find any detail of rough area - London, Edinburgh, Paris?
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    The prizes you mention aren't particularly cheap and you don't get owt for nowt these days so I'd want to know a bit more about how this is funded and what you stand to gain.

If this is just a competition then who are the promoters?

Also, is this a national thing or will it just be people local to you that could win?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • B_man84
    Haha, why's everyone so skeptical... there's no promoters and no catch. I'm hopeful that once enough people like the page and get interested, then it may be of interest to a store or distributor to donate a prize.

I just thought it would be a cool idea that I could get going in my spare time...

The treasure hunts will be run nationally. I will try to get a good geographic spread around the UK.
  • loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    Are you mental?
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike