Speedometer for rear wheel?

Oscunator
Oscunator Posts: 17
edited March 2016 in Road beginners
Hey!

I got my new Bianchi and I thought that I needed a speedometer. I went one with cadence meter also. The model is Sigma BC 16.12 STS CAD.
So it's wireless and I thought could I put the receiver on my seatstay? I don't see why I couldn't.
I want it into the rear wheel becouse the receiver is a little bulky and I wouldn't like to stick that to my beautiful bianchi fork/front wheel.
So let me know what you think!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    as long as it physically fits, you can use a wheel speed sensor for either wheel, all they do is record rotation
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    I use a Bontrager speed sensor on rear wheel.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    People usually put the speed sensors on their chainstay. Having said that the best bet these days are the Garmin speed and cadence sensors, one wraps around your rear hub the other around your crank. No magnets, no fuss.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Cheapish option: Blackburn Atom 6. I have one. Cadence and lots of other functions, all on the rear wheel.

These things sit on the shelf for ages as Garmin has monopolised/convinced everybody that you have to have one as it is a life and death matter, so be prepared to buy new batteries for it if you get one. Mine did not work until I realised that the batteries were flat as a pancake.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Trek Node 1.1

Its Ant+ compatible so you can use the Garmin hub and crank arm sensors that require no magnets and if and (most likely) when you move on up to a Garmin GPS you already have compatible sensors.