Does anyone ever just lose interest?

13»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Try as I might to get involved in a club, club runs just don't interest me. I have always struggled to find a group who want to go at a pace I want and I already have a pretty good social life so don't want/need a cycling club to grow that, as weekend time is pretty precious as it is. Also they all seem to start at 9am which is pretty useless as you're not back until 3 if boshing out 100 miles due to the faffing and punctures.

I've got a bunch of about 10-15 good mates who I can ride with as/when I want and we do the odd sportive together but usually just ride 3/4 of us at a time which works perfectly. Means when we travel (some doing Mallorca 312, Etape etc) then it's a damn good knees up as well. I already have a like-minded friends, so no need to expand on that.

Commuting is now just a means to an end, but I still enjoy it in spite of the busy roads. There are a few bits you can open the taps still, even the segregated part heading East after Westminster is pretty clear for the time being.

I think as someone above noted - it's about taking it easy, doing something more gentle with some good friends and getting in some 'me time' so you can remind yourself of why cycling was fun in the first place. The only downside, it does take up a hell of a lot of time compared to, say, running.