Kona stinky 24

dm1672
dm1672 Posts: 48
Anyone looking for one of these wiggle have just slashed there prices to £719 and with platinum membership its £633

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kona-stinky-24- ... 60727077uk

Hell of a saving from £1599

Comments

• dm1672
    dm1672 Posts: 48
    Yeah they are a bit pricey buy a lovely little bike,ive just sold my lads as hes out grown it and hes moved onto an 09 small orange 5 am which was got for a bargain price and only needed jockey wheels chain and front ring.
  • Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    Full susp kids bikes have a very limited choice so perhaps if thats what someone wants then the discounted price is useful...

It's still £720 ... for a frame, fork and a set of components that you would (mostly) want to change unless you want a jump/downhill brick.

Of course you can live with the 9sp but why stick the Acera Freewheel ?? (Indeed is it a freewheel or cassette)
    Crank arms probably too long for any kid that fits the frame...
    Weirdly a 180mm rotor ... which I guess for pure downhill might be OK but surely a 160mm not only stops a 25-30kg kid but has the benefit of no adapter and the extra weight???

So unless you want a DH specific bike you are probably going to spend (a lot) more getting it lighter?
    I know they are hitting a price point but XT levers work great for kids hands (with the better adjustment) .. SLX are OK .. but on a £1600 RRP bike they have a mix of low end components.

2016 SPEC:

REAR SHOCK Fastrax Air
    FORK RockShox XC 30 Silver 100mm
    CRANKARMS FSA Step-Up 165mm
    CHAINRINGS 36t/Guard
    B/B FSA
    PEDALS Wellgo Platform
    CHAIN KMC Z99
    FREEWHEEL Shimano Acera 11-34t 9spd
    CHAINGUIDE The Hive FreeChucker
    F/D n/a
    R/D Shimano Deore Shadow