Suggested routes near Ventoux (other than the obvious)

ben2083
ben2083 Posts: 6
edited March 2016 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

I am a long time lurker but first time poster on this forum, so go easy on me!

I am off to Provence in May, for my first time in France with the road bike. I plan to stay in or around Bedoin and have a couple of routes planned already. One day I will do Mont Ventoux, coming down via Maluecene and looping back round through. Another day I shall head back up to Chalet Renard (and on to the summit again depending on the legs and weather!) and then back down to Sault and home through the Gorge de la Nesque. A third day I would like to head Gordes and Abbaye Notre-dame, but not sure the best route and towns to take in, any suggestions? Also what other must do rides? Any suggestions for a flatter day, out to the West perhaps? Or is there anywhere nearish (an hour or so drive), that'd be worth putting the bike in the car and having a drive to?

Would welcome yyour thoughts, want to make the most of my 7 days there!

Ben.

Comments

• jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    http://www.provence-cycling.co.uk/cycli ... -51-2.html

If you can hold on towards the end of June then you are coming into Lavender season which is what the area is also famous for.but of more interest to the recreational cyclist than climbers.Its a treasure chest of cycling options there..Mine was to do the Luberon cycle route .(its one of the download maps above).a sloping uphill 120km/downhill120km which passes through perched villages some which need a short sharp climb to get to.Theres aslo recommeded routes for the lavender ,you can dig out with a bit of research ,if you or anyone is interested..
    jc