Trance M-Bottle cage?

kickaxe
kickaxe Posts: 446
edited March 2016 in MTB general
Hey, as some of you might know I have a Giant Trance 2015 size M, and have not been able to find a fitting bottle cage, including some side-specific ones. Are there any you are sure will fit?

Thanks for the help!
-Cube Acid 29" 2013
-A new Giant Trance 3 2015!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A Camelbak.

Or why don't they fit?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Seem to be lots of them on Google Image Search with a bottle cage fitted....
  • kickaxe
    I'm looking to get a cage just for that short afternoon ride when I don't need more than a few tools and water. I've tried to find some myself (also vie Google etc) but don't have any proper results yet.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I'm confused as to why a standard cage wouldn't fit. Try your LBS
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • iwilldoit
    iwilldoit Posts: 710
    Friend of mine has a std wire cage on his Trance, never mentioned any hassle fitting it.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Make sure that you put the water in a bottle and not just in to the cage.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • kickaxe
    I'm confused as to why a standard cage wouldn't fit. Try your LBS
    All fit, but none allow a bottle to be properly taken out with one hand.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A friend has a Trance in an M, they could use a normal top entry bottle holder with a short bottle (0.5 not 0.75L), they have now switched to a side entry roadie type cage of some sort.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kickaxe
    The Rookie wrote:
    A friend has a Trance in an M, they could use a normal top entry bottle holder with a short bottle (0.5 not 0.75L), they have now switched to a side entry roadie type cage of some sort.

I tried it with a small bottle, but that didn't work. Could you find out what model cage that was?
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    Fabric bottle with studs instead of a cage? I use one and I've never had any issues with it falling off
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Elite-Cannibal- ... wodQ_sPjA#

This is what I used on my trance, although a large frame, it worked well and had space to spare even with a larger bottle.
  • kickaxe
    Antm81 wrote:
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Elite-Cannibal-Water-Bottle-Cage_70527.htm?sku=216562&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CODbhP3_n8sCFUieGwodQ_sPjA#

This is what I used on my trance, although a large frame, it worked well and had space to spare even with a larger bottle.

Were you able to remove the bottle with one hand? I have tried some others out that needed some force to get out.

I think I'll order both the Bontrager and the Elite, and send one back after testing both
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Yeah I could at an angle, replacing it was a little harder but still manageable.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Kickaxe wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

I tried it with a small bottle, but that didn't work. Could you find out what model cage that was?
    Just asked him, it was a cheap and cheerful wire cage, he opened the slotted mounts (using a file) to drop it a bit lower until the bottom was only about 1-2mm clear of the downtube, one handed was possible (with a squeeze) but he only found one or two bottles (with narrower necks) he could use one handed, those with a full size cap he couldn't. He couldn't recall what bottles he had but suggested they were something like this one.
    https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/unihoc-ca ... nihoc-0-5l
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.