Trek Madone DI2 to mechanical conversion?

andcp
andcp Posts: 644
edited April 2016 in Workshop
Hello all, I have acquired a 2014 Trek Madone which is complete apart from the o.e. Di2 groupset. I intend to build this into a 'winter' bike. Now being a tight arse I don't want to spend loads on Di2, but will be vey happy to go with 105 (also apart from money I prefer mechanical shifting but that's a different topic right? :wink:).

So, has anyone any experience with this conversion? If so, what bits will I need?
"It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill

Comments

• keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    -Cable stoppers on down tube and chainstay.
    -cable guide under BB.
  • Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • andcp
    Cheers Keezx, now to source the parts.....have you done this conversion? I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to do once I've got the bits.

ThanksBye - yes, that's the one.
  • Magem
    Magem Posts: 29
    Trek do a Madone Frame kit which includes all your standard stoppers, adjusters, cable guides etc..
    One of thsoe should do the trick.
  • andcp
    Thanks all, I think it's sussed - essentials are to be ordered from the lbs.
  • andcp
    Quick update for anyone thinking of doing the same. This model, Trek Madone 4.9 does not have a fitting 'kit' (though apparently all other Trek Madone models do), you have to buy the items separately. The good is it works out cheaper, the bad is that it has taken until now for the bb cable guide to arrive from Holland (none in the UK). But all the bits are here and the build commences soon.

Thanks again,

Andy.