Handlebar - stem combo

ivanoile
ivanoile Posts: 202
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Looking for a fast (but relatively cheap-ish) handlebars. I can't find 3T Aeronova alu version,but something like that I would like to have on my bike.(It's an F8 BoB)

Although it seems that people had problems with mechanical shifting.Something that will feel good while riding on top (I have Deda 35 and really like the grip it offers). So anything that doesn't feel that I'm holding a stick ,and double wrapping isn't an option yet.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    An F8 with cheap finishing kit = doing it wrong
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • ivanoile
    Not really,kinda don't want to spend 400€ on a handlebar which will feel the same as Deda 35 which costs 4x times less.

And carbon is not an option.
  • Grill
    Why isn't carbon an option? You racing on it?
  • ivanoile
    Few grams isn't that important,I appreciate feeling and costs more than weight (therefore 280-300g bars are not a problem).
  • Grill
    My carbon bars and integrated bar/stems are all stiffer and damper than alu. I suppose if road buzz is your thing then there's little point.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    ivanoile wrote:
    And carbon is not an option.

:?
  • ivanoile
    Grill wrote:
    My carbon bars and integrated bar/stems are all stiffer and damper than alu. I suppose if road buzz is your thing then there's little point.

I suppose stiffnes would be something that on my Deda 35 was never an issue,altough difference between carbon and alu version is around 150 for bars only. Just looking for something that is "big" on tops as I have big palms and regular OS bars feel small while on top of them
    I don't prefer integrated systems due to inability to put clip-ons(tried Plasma,not impressed).

For now,I've looked at 3T,Zipp,Deda and FSA,other than that Pinarello's Most but they're more or less,all the same. Maybe 3T Ergosum?
  • Grill
    Ritchey make the best alu contact points out there.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Grill wrote:
    Ritchey make the best alu contact points out there.
    ^^This, try the Evocurve alu bars and C220 or 4 Axis stem.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Fast handlebars?
  • what's wrong with the Deda 35s? you could also look at the Pro Vibe Mark Cavendish bars - these keep the 31.8 size along the whole top of the bars so they would provide a bigger platform on the tops for your hands.