Dolomites 4th - 11th August: Will anyone be there?

RallyeRon
RallyeRon Posts: 6
edited February 2016 in Tour & expedition
Hi everyone,

I'll be in the Dolomites over these dates with my wife and baby daughter and i'm taking my bike to do some cycling, albeit without them as i'm planning to tackle a climb or two.

If anyone is interested in joining me or if there are other cyclists in the area that week i'd love to know as i would prefer cycling company.

Any company or info to find company would be appreciated. I'm 33 and quite fit but not looking to race up the mountains!

Kris.
Fix my brothers Whyte Bros Forks

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Hi Kris

I'm not going to be there, but it would be a good idea to say where in the Dolomites - it's a big area.

The mountain roads can be busy (at least in the more well-known bits) — in the morning (about 8am) you get a rush as all the walkers head to the cable cars etc, then the motorcyclists seem to be up and about from 10 am, along with the general-driving-abouters. Late afternoons can be really nice.
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I intentionally left it open as i'm willing to drive a bit to meet people. That being said i'm staying in Scena just outside of Merano.

I'd be willing to drive up to 50km or so to meet up.
    Fix my brothers Whyte Bros Forks