Tarmac Sworks or Scott Addict 20

newcycle
newcycle Posts: 19
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm looking into buying a new bike.
Either I buy a Tarmac Sworks frame and build it with a Ultegra 11 speed and Zonda wheels;
or Buy a Scott Addict 20 Ultegra complete bike.

Some friends told me the Scott Addict is very hard on you and I may suffer back pains alot.
The Tarmac Sworks is a much bigger investment.
But then again is the Tarmac Sworks better ? much better ?? or close the same ??

thanks,
:D:):D:)

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    newcycle wrote:

Another question: The 52/36 crank compared to 50/34 is very different on the flats ?? Not on the mountains, I mean on the flats will I ride much faster ??

thanks,

You will only ever ride as fast as your fitness will allow.
  • Imposter wrote:
    newcycle wrote:

Another question: The 52/36 crank compared to 50/34 is very different on the flats ?? Not on the mountains, I mean on the flats will I ride much faster ??

thanks,

You will only ever ride as fast as your fitness will allow.

thankss...
    What about the scott addictt too hard ???
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I would suggest going to test ride them both. Its the only way you will discover if the bike is right for YOU.
  • newcycle wrote:

Some friends told me the Scott Addict is very hard on you and I may suffer back pains alot.

Have any of your friends ridden an Addict and actually know how they ride? FWIW I have a hi-mod Addict and the softer/less stiff HMF Addict from the previous range. I've ridden 200 miles on them both, I find them very comfy but they fit me like glove. Apparently the new Addicts are more compliant so should not be more harsh at all. But then I haven't ridden one from the new range so what do I know. The advice to ride them is the way to go. (and perhaps get some friends who know what they are talking about ;-))

Also tyre choice, tyre pressure, tyre width, volume and rim width will make more of a difference to comfort. Zondas are not very wide, a wider rim and wider tyre at a lower pressue will give you more comfort on the road.
  • I have an Sworks Tarmac (2 in fact) and I like them, but all this stuff about compliance and stiffness is for the most part, ridiculous.
    Geometry is the most important thing - make sure it fits well.
    Then you can 'tune' the bike with wheels, handlebar, etc.
    Basically, go for the one that you like the look of most.