Home workshop garage setup

Paul 8v
Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
edited February 2016 in Workshop
I'm looking for some inspiration for my garage setup. At the moment it's a blank canvas, single width garage.

I'm looking to store 3, possibly 4 bikes, have a worktop for use with the bike tools and somewhere to use a turbo.

I've seen a lot of double garage setups but I'm looking for some inspiration for the single garage, can anyone help with pictures of layouts etc?

Comments

• Put them in there space won't be a problem.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    image.jpg6_zpsvn57luu4.jpg
    image.jpg17_zpscyzm75vt.jpg
    Kitchen units were really cheap from Wickes' value range. Wall hangers £3 each from Planet X. Tool rack £14 from homebase, lockable office cabinet free from work after an office move/clearout. Oh, and floor tiles are rubber Rolson ones currently £10 a pack from Halfords...

image_zps1mefui53.jpeg
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Paul 8v
    Excellent, look like you can fit in a fair bit more than I first envisaged. Food for thought, thanks guys
  • Paul 8v
    A really random question but I have a load of those plastic coated hangers, do you fix them in with chem fix or just a massive rawl plug?
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Drill the hole, tap a bit of wood/dowel into it and screw the hook in........... or a big rawl plug.
    Anything that will expand will probably be more secure than something that just fills the hole
  • Always liked the idea of hanging my bikes off hook, but worried about doing damage to the wheels?
  • Paul 8v
    Frank pole wrote:
    Always liked the idea of hanging my bikes off hook, but worried about doing damage to the wheels?
    My HEDs have a flexy carbon fairing so I think I'll pass on those but the alu ones should be OK.

I also had a few reservations about carbon forks but I'm sure they will be strong enough
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Frank pole wrote:
    Always liked the idea of hanging my bikes off hook, but worried about doing damage to the wheels?

Think about the stresses the wheel experiences with you aboard, bombing down hill. Hanging the thing from a hook isn't going to do it any harm unless you have wheels with extremely flimsy cosmetic / aero fairings.