thule 532 thoughts

kirby700
kirby700 Posts: 458
edited March 2016 in MTB buying advice
Any good or better for the money. Found them for £38.

Not sure if the nukeproof frame as square will be an issue though..?
GIANT XTC 2.5
BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    My mate has them. It's really flimsy compared to my 591 carriers which hold my Nukeproof frame very securely. The 532 did hold my Mega frame but was awkward to get fitted so that it felt secure.
    The 591 also has a much higher weight limit and is the only option for some heavier enduro and DH bikes.
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    I currently used a 532 for my transition., it holds the bike fine however it is a little flimsy. I got mine at a bargain price but personally I would spend more and get a fork mounted carrier.
  • I've got them, not used anything else so nothing to compare them to, I got mine of EBay inc roof bars S/H cheap, I haven't had any issues with them been using them 2 years, the only thing I do is put a zip tie around the frame and the clamp just in case sort of thing and I'm not very trusting :)
  • Don B
    Don B Posts: 122
    I have 2, one for my Cube Stereo carbon, one for a Vitus Sommet.
    The bikes are very slightly too long, but are fine and secure.

Have considered the 591 or the new 598? but dont want to spend the extra tbh
  • Rookie1986
    Rookie1986 Posts: 153
    I've got the newer 598 and it's super sturdy and strong, haven't used the 532 so can't comment on that (heard they are only average) but a load of the guys have the 591 and they seem ace too.

Spend the extra and get a 591 minimum!
  • HardrockRob
    HardrockRob Posts: 230
    Second (or third) the 591. Just upgraded my ancient one to the 598 which has a much squarer grip and looks perfect for a Nukeproof TR frame!
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw