New bike. Help me decide !!

Danbob312
Danbob312 Posts: 10
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi guys I am new here, been riding xc mtb since I was 11. Been riding road for 5 years. Current road build is a 2006 Giant TCR Composite with 2012 105 full group and aksium wheels. Simple but sturdy setup, but the frame is too long. It's a 56 and I am really meant for a 54. Riding it with an 80mm stem which makes it very twitchy at speeds above 39mmoh. Now that I am im my mid 30's, I am not as flexible as i used to be.

I am selling it because I get employee pricing on trek from the bike shop I work at part time when I am not teaching . I've narrowed it down to the Emonda Alr 6 and the domane 4.5 non disc. Both great with ultegra 6800 and in my price range. As you can imagine I have ridden every bike that we sell and love both bikes and am comfortable on both. H2 fit on the emonda makes it not as racy which is definitely me, and I love its light weight. I love the carbon of the domane and the ISO speed idea. I don't know what do do. Please for the love of God help me decide!

Comments

• Sorry typo. Meant 30mph and above
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,610
    Which do you like the look of more?
  • Color scheme on domane and classic shape of emonda. I am so stuck lol
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,610
    Buy both?!

(Personally I'd probably go for the Domane - heard nothing but good things about the Isospeed thingy)
  • Yeah I'm not sure. Heard great things about both. If I get the alr emonda I would go tubless with 26c tires and carbon bars. If I got the domane I would leave it as is. Decisions decisions. ...
  • Magem
    Magem Posts: 29
    Hey
    I have an ALR 6 as my winter bike. It's awesome. I would thoroughly recommend one. Impressively light for an ally frame.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Buy a copy of this months Cycling Plus. They do a shoot out between the Domane, Emonda and Madone. Might give you some useful pointers to help the decision making process.
  • arlowood wrote:
    Buy a copy of this months Cycling Plus. They do a shoot out between the Domane, Emonda and Madone. Might give you some useful pointers to help the decision making process.

That's awesome. I will read it even though I made my decision. I Test rode the domane and the emonda again and the domane just fit better. I can't really explain it...It was just easier to set up comfortably, and quickly at the bike shop and it was very steerable. Like I feel like I could seriously throw it into a corner the way I would a hardtail xc maountain bike. I ordered the 4.5 non disc, and also ordered carbon isozone vrc handlebars. I figured why not since I get everything below cost. I am super excited to get it setup, do a couple more custom bits, and then show it to you guys! Thanks for the heads up about that article. I will read it for sure.
  • Magem
    Magem Posts: 29
    They're both excellent bikes.