Toy
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Feel....coffee.

...But you have lovely scenery up there so stop yer whingeing.

What's the cheapest you can get petrol/diesel in Argyll?

Last I checked diesel was 98p/l at the Jet station just out of Dunoon, I tend to just fill up wherever is easiest as it all goes on my expenses though

Aaah Dunoon. I remember one summer evening waiting for the ferry to Dunoon from Gourock. The Clyde was a millpond and the sun was just going down at about 9.30pm. Dark enough on the Dunoon side for all the lights to be reflected on the water, it was stunning.
    Once we crossed, I got this smell of petrol and stopped. The fuel pipe had split between the pump and the carbs on the camper. So we sat for hours before finally a mechanic by AA proxy turned up with 2" inch longer length. :roll:
    I carried spare tools and a bucket all the time but didn't carry fuel hose.

Ah yes, just like when I went across the other week...

12643017_1843707542522787_6125364515542099321_n.jpg?oh=9080da10d3152fe775e2ee9c1d585f3f&oe=57629102

Somebody took that from the shore, I was on it right at the front. It was awesome!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You mean climbing this (under your own steam) and flying down the other side at 40+ mph wouldn't count as fun?

Odd.

Stelvio.jpg
    Fair enough. How many times have you done that run?
    Looks like the Stelvio to me, done it loads of times*. I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a dirt road that went nearly to the top from Switzerland. Drove up it in an old Triumph Spitfire that had about 130bhp and was more than a little tail happy. Great fun for me, my passenger didn't enjoy it quite so much.

* in a variety of cars