Enigma - reliable frames?

deepakvrao
deepakvrao Posts: 10
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys,

I live in India and have kind of zeroed in on Enigma for my wife and myself. Just a quick question. I know that their off the shelf frames are made in the far east. I also know that the far east can be great manufacturing as well as not so great.

In one word, would an off the shelf frame from Enigma be well built?

Edit: Echo for myself and the Elle for my wife.

Comments

• My Esprit has many years use and still looks new. The beauty of titanium.
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    I am in the process of purchasing an Evoke, I can say that the whole experience of buying from them has far exceeded my expectations. They carefully went through ensuring I chose the correct frame size and have (so far) not got annoyed with all my stupid questions. Am sure if you ever had a problem with the frame they will endeavour to sort it out in a friendly way. Have you got a copy of their warrenty?
  • Are you guys buying custom or off the shelf?
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    Am buying standard frame size
  • Bespoke frame builders sourcing their standard frames from China? Is this what the world has come to? Good Lord... :-(
    left the forum March 2023
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Bespoke frame builders sourcing their standard frames from China? Is this what the world has come to? Good Lord... :-(

Parlee do it.

Seen a couple of broken Enigmas, but everything breaks given the right circumstance.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Ugo -in the world of titanium frames there are few actually built in the UK. Enigma are one of the few for custom but the off-the-shelf models are shipped in. I think Sabbath and Burls are the same. See Burls FAQ here:
    http://burls.co.uk/faqs.php
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Very happy with my Excel. Can't fault the build quality or the ride.
  • My esprit stills looks good as new. Couple of years old, very pleased with it.
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Bespoke frame builders sourcing their standard frames from China? Is this what the world has come to? Good Lord... :-(

Yup! The days when only white (male) Europeans could manufacture quality stuff are over. :roll:
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D