New Tubeless Ksyriums / Schwalbe Not Holding Air

brizzo
brizzo Posts: 3
edited February 2016 in Workshop
I have a new set of Ksyrium SLS with Schwalbe Pro One's mounted. I used 30ml of Doc Blu sealant and was able to inflate but they're losing air fairly quickly - about 20 PSI / day. In one 45 minute ride, I'm losing 10 PSI. Both wheels are losing the same amount of air. To trouble shoot, I filled a tub with water and submerged each section and watched closely for leaks and bubbles and found none. Everything is tight. I know the Ksyrium's technically aren't made for Tubeless, but this is a lot of air to lose. Does anyone have any insight as to what might be going on?

Comments

• I had this on an mtb tyre.No obvious trail of bubbles,but air loss overnight.Close inspection of the tyre revealed a section which had lots of tiny bubbles stuck to the tyre surface where the carcass was leaking.

Simple solution,a double quantity of Stans sealant fixed it,thereafter use normal quantity.
  • RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    I've just fitted some Pro ones and had a similar issue. I pumped them up to about 100 psi each day for a week, during which time they slowly lost less air each day. At the end of the week, I put extra sealant in. This seemed to fix them
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try what you did with the Pro Ones and see how it goes.