Vision Trimax 30 Road wheel set

molteni_man
molteni_man Posts: 443
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

Have heard some good things about these wheels from a bike shop owner who stocks them.

Wonder if anyone might give some good independent advice and whether they are a better option to buy than the latest Mavic Kysrium Elites I'm interested in. Chain Reaction are selling the Vision Trimax 30's for £367 at the moment which makes them cheaper than the Mavics.

Any thoughts really appreciated. Thank you as want to make the right choice.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi all,

Have heard some good things about these wheels from a bike shop owner who stocks them.

Wonder if anyone might give some good independent advice and whether they are a better option to buy than the latest Mavic Kysrium Elites I'm interested in. Chain Reaction are selling the Vision Trimax 30's for £367 at the moment which makes them cheaper than the Mavics.

Any thoughts really appreciated. Thank you as want to make the right choice.

MMM, bike shop owner bigs up his own stock!! whoed of thunk it?

I would get some Campagnolo Zondas. They may not be 30mm at the front but they are cheaper and just as good if not better.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    VT30s are very vulnerable to knackered hub bearings IME, Inadequate seals lead to rusty ruin.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Zondas on the other hand are strong, light and durable. And amazing value.
  • Thank you guys.

That's very helpful advice and hadn't considered these to date.

Definitely going to check these out. I'll take a look tonight.

BW
  • £248.99 on Wiggle - my first look but that looks v good value!