BMC Timemachine vs Teammachine

Ste_S
Ste_S Posts: 1,173
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Has anyone tried both the BMC Timemachine (TMR02) and compared it to a Teammachine (SLR02) ?
Love the look of the Timemachine, but slightly concerned it may be a harsh ride.
Both bikes will be gutted of groupset and wheels which will find their way over to a BMC Streetracer.
I’ll either put Ultegra Di2 or mechanical Dura-Ace on the new bike along with some appropriate wheels.

Will be a for a Sunday best bike that may see some 3/ 4 cat racing if I can get my fitness levels back up again.

Comments

• kiteloopy
    kiteloopy Posts: 94
    I have a TMR02 and have a strong love-hate relationship with it.

No doubt its a great bike. I did the Outlaw (ironman) on it and its served me well over the past 2 years I’ve had it. To me, when its got aero wheels on, its the best looking bike on the market. It just looks fast…and it is!

The only thing I don’t like is the rear brake. While it works, its spongy which isn’t something I like. I have little confidence with it. The noodle angle is soo tight that it sometimes fails to retract and it keeps a bit of slack in the shifters. I find it very hard to adjust and I have had to replace the brake as one of the screws got stuck. I’ve rebuilt it several times and by LBS has too and its never 100% right.

For this point alone, Id be looking at the SLR over the two if I were to buy again.
    Or the Roadmachine…or wait to see if BMC do the TMR Disc which I think they will do once the RM hype has died down.

If your a 56, you can make me an offer on the TRM frame if you want!
  • Chris71127
    Chris71127 Posts: 71
    I have a team machine slr02 running mechanical dura ace and aero wheels and I love it. But can't help you with a comparison as never tried the Time machine