Cipollini Bond Chorus 11 Speed

nanas1
nanas1 Posts: 50
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Aright Folks,
I currently have a Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0 fitted with shimano Ultegra Di2 and love the smoothness of the gear changes, and wondered what I would need to swap over my Cipollini Bond Campagnolo Chorus to Chorus EPS?
Do you need to change the crankset aswell as I am happy with the Q Ring 52/36 currently fitted. Also wondered if the Bond is compatible with the internal seatpost V2 battery.

Any info would be greatly received.

mark

Comments

• You would need levers, derailleurs, interface unit, battery and charger. I'm not sure how the Bond is compatible with EPS v2, I don't remember a hole for the charging port on my Cipollini but their website shows a Bond with EPS.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    nanas1 wrote:
    Aright Folks,
    I currently have a Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0 fitted with shimano Ultegra Di2 and love the smoothness of the gear changes, and wondered what I would need to swap over my Cipollini Bond Campagnolo Chorus to Chorus EPS?
    Do you need to change the crankset aswell as I am happy with the Q Ring 52/36 currently fitted. Also wondered if the Bond is compatible with the internal seatpost V2 battery.

Any info would be greatly received.

mark
    I think this is a case of 'All the gear, No idea' :lol:
  • Probably worth waiting for V3 which should be available next month however that’s for Record and SR only at the moment. The battery is a lot slimmer and should fit most aero frames - you also charge from the stem so one less hole required. The main issue of moding a mechanical frame into an electronic compatible one is that you may have to drill a hole or at least widen cable outlets to allow them to fit the wire connection points. This will subsequently void any warranty, but drilling a small hole into the frame – if done properly – won’t affect the structural integrity of a carbon.
  • *cough* eTap *cough*
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Not bad for a 50 years old boy!
    c575b355518e62bd114e57abd06c62be_169_l.jpg
    left the forum March 2023
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,612
    I've been looking for a yellow saddle with a brown stripe.
  • The main issue of moding a mechanical frame into an electronic compatible one is that you may have to drill a hole or at least widen cable outlets to allow them to fit the wire connection points. This will subsequently void any warranty, but drilling a small hole into the frame – if done properly – won’t affect the structural integrity of a carbon.
    Particularly prevalent with a Cipollini which have a reputation for cracking or failing :wink:
  • make-it-rain.jpg?w=600&h=350&quality=85&strip=all
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles