Work decisions

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Pinno wrote:
    It doesn't matter what you do for a living - you have to have a work/life balance. I took a different route to achieve just that and although I have suffered a financial penalty, I wouldn't go back to a standard work routine.
    In the end the balance is a personal thing. Although it is important not to have money worries. And sometimes life is like a sh1t sandwich - the more bread you have, the less sh1t you eat :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Time rich and money poor or money rich and time poor. That is the question.

The triple constraint. I have lots of money but no time to do X even though I can afford it. I want to do Y and even though I have time, I can't afford it.
    If you take the 'want' bit out as it is often unrealistic, you are no longer bound by the constraint.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    edited February 2016
    It's not as binary as that, more of a sliding scale although not always a direct correlation.

There aren't that many things I really want to do that I feel I can't due to time. Sometimes it's a compromise, sure. Like I said above, sometimes the correlation can be inverse if you can delegate etc like I mentioned above. My CEO seems to leave the office before me more often than I leave before him.

Though you are right, if you can be sensible about what you want that's a great help. What's the saying - happiness is wanting what you have rather than having what you want? Despite the odd overpriced birthday dinner, I try to keep it fairly simple.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Actually you do need to get over this paperwork issue.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: