Garmin Heartrate HRM1B Fabric Strap

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi.

I've got an old Garm 705 that came with an HRM1B Heart rate monitor ( the long plastic ones, not the newer "premium" or "premium soft" ones), however I've "cleaned & organised", aka "lost" the fabric part of the strap.

Does anyone know anywhere you can get the fabric piece of the strap with the rubber ends on by itself? The HRM itself still works perfectly, so loath to spend £30 on a full replacement monitor.

Cheers.
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Replace the strap with a Polar Softstrap, about £12 off Amazon. The original Garmin HRM fits and it actually works a lot better with this strap. Theres an article on DC Rainmaker (the cycling tech guys website) about which exact model of strap to buy.
  • wolfsbane2k
    trek_dan wrote:
    Replace the strap with a Polar Softstrap, about £12 off Amazon. The original Garmin HRM fits and it actually works a lot better with this strap. Theres an article on DC Rainmaker (the cycling tech guys website) about which exact model of strap to buy.

Awesome, thank you!
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • wolfsbane2k
    trek_dan wrote:

Unforuntatley turns out that's the wrong strap.
    I've got the "classic strap", as shown on the dcrainmaker site http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/08/how- ... ffing.html

The polar straps are for the newer wearlink HRMs
  • wolfsbane2k
    johnmiosh wrote:

That's the cracker! Thanks a bunch.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Now you've ordered that ... the missing one will turn up ...
  • wolfsbane2k
    Slowbike wrote:
    Yes, but it's been 2 weeks, so it's got "organised" into a kids socks drawer/random box or something which is their current favourite game :roll:
  • wolfsbane2k
    Slowbike wrote:
    Guess what turned up at the weekend? Both new and old within 2 minutes of each other after my darling child said "I know where one of those are"....
    Typical