Shorter shorts for shorties

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi
I'm looking for some new bibs and need/want some that are shorter in the leg.
I'm not talking Tommy V short but a bit shorter than seems to be the current fashion of right down to the knee cap.
Given I'm only 170cm many are too long for my liking and not just because I'm a size bigger at the moment than I should be.
IF I could even get in a Castelli medium they'd still be a bit too long so I'm looking for suggestions of shorts that are a bit shorter for the shorter person !
Any experience with some of the newer brands like La Passione, Stolen Goat, Mack or Red & White would be welcome.
Thanks
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'm a small but perfectly formed 5'6" and find the cheapest Assos bibshorts in Small to be a perfect length for me. Bought them in the sale from their outlet shop.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    I'm pretty much 170 - 5 foot 8 on a good day and am happy with Assos mediums. The 'cheap' Neopro ones. They do come to just over the knee though although they will ride up a couple of inches when in the saddle.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Thanks
    Had Assos a while ago and length wasn`t too bad on them. I have the knicks in a medium which are great and not overly long so maybe shorts in a large ccould be ok.
    May yet end up with yet another pair of Etxeondo which fit well, although did fancy a change with all these new companies popping up and having a try t making the perfect bib short.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    The Castelli FAR might be worth a look. They have the shortest legs of all my shorts. ..and they are also fantastic. I go one size up, so large for 180 cm.