The Cycle Clinic: Normal Service Will Resume Shortly

Bobbinogs
Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
edited February 2016 in Road general
Folks, I hope thecycleclinic won't mind me posting this up but if anyone is having trouble getting through to the CC shop or is currently waiting for a delivery then you may need to be a little patient for this week. Unfortunately Malcolm apparently had a spill at the end of last week and is currently laid up in hospital but should be out fairly shortly.

I am sure most forumites would join me in wishing Malcolm a speedy and straightforward recovery!

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Oof.

Is the bike okay?

No - heal well and I hope Malcolm recovers as quickly as possible.
  • Indeed... wish Malcolm a speedy recovery!
    left the forum March 2023
  • Best wishes Malcolm,get well soon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Oh dear, best wishes and heal fast Malcolm.
  • Get well soon!!!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    GWS! Falling off is no fun...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Best wishes for full and speedy recovery Malcolm
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Wow thanks. Back at work today.

The tt bike i was riding home at night for a tt on sunday in which there where 10 spills one as bad as mine is wrecked. So there was a resonablw chance at some point that weekend i was goin down.

My face was a bit of mess when i hit the 4x4 but the surgeons at broomfeild hospital have stwitch my nose back on and pulled all the glass out of my face. All is well now. If you ever need plastic surgery you could do alot worse than visit broomfield hospital.

The only lasting damage is to my pride and the head tube of the now dead tt bike.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • But why did you ride into a 4x4, even on a TT bike? Seems a bit excessive.

Hope you get into the swing of things again soon.
  • cycleclinic
    Why is good questiom it was dark and i was eager to get home to watch trapped on bbc4 and did not see it. Why do accidents happen human error.
  • Glad to hear your're on the mend Malcolm.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Ouch - get well soon. I had a spill myself on friday when a minibus taxi drove into my side on a roundabout but didnt have to stay over in hospital - the sound of yours makes me feel lucky! My shoulder injury is far preferable to facial ones... Although, you may be able to get back on the bike quicker than me if the rest of you is OK :mrgreen:
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Hope your well on the way to getting better Malc....i saw the photos ! It didnt look too good. Lucky chap id say.

Dicky. (BBC)
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Glad to hear you are ok. Couldn't have May wheel builder of choice out of action :)
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Yeah - I may be needing your services soon as my handbuilts ar FUBAR after my accident...! So pleeeeeaaaassseee get well soon.

Seriously - I havent seen the pics elsewhere that someone referred to but it sounds bad - hope you are OK. Has it improved your looks? (sorry, I said seriously but then couldnt help but joke about it!)
  • cycleclinic
    Well my wife hope's there will be a dashing scar across my face.

I actually feel O.K again part from the headaches the swollen nose and the frankenstien monster looks. I still think the 4x4 was beamed from space, I still can't quite fathom how I managed to miss it.

Still could have more unlucky could have been that chap in Tamil Nardu who was apparantly killed by a metorite on the 6th feb. That is really unlucky.
  • Why is good questiom it was dark and i was eager to get home to watch trapped on bbc4 and did not see it. Why do accidents happen human error.

Ouch! Hope the recovery goes well.

Was the 4x4 stationary, just like the dustbin lorry I went into with my Tricross Singlescross (I was running late for work, pedalling like a madman, came round the sweeping bend and then screamed "****")?

I've gone over those last few seconds so many times in the last two years, trying to work out how the hell I missed spotting that lorry until it was too late! Was I focused on a car in front of me, which then changed lanes to go past the lorry? I was so frustrated that nobody could tell me and my hazy recollection ends a few seconds before impact.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo