Tour of Oman

2»

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Stage 1 highlights on Eurosport 2 now. What I can't quite understand is why there is an occasional musical soundtrack (in addition to Rob Hatch)
  • Ha I''m glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. There was a lingering shot of Nibali with what sounded like the Jaws theme in the background.

Whether we'll hear the banana splits when Cav comes on screen is another question
  • dish_dash
    It was bizarre...
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Loon, deejay, I was replying to Joel re his question about whether Porte had been training at altitude, not about acclimatising
    That's so :- And I was replying to your "He's not. Flown to Oman from Oz." statement and that that flight covers 10 hours in Time Zones.
    " wrote:
    Anyway, what's the latest in Nuffle World?
    The answer was posted on the "My Man" thread 20 mins before you asked this question but the NFL season has finished and the SuperBowl is now up the hill in "Mile High Stadium"
    I am very familiar with 8 hour Time Zones-Jet Lag when returning the many times from the West Coast (Pacific Time Zone) from such places as San Diego and Seattle.
    Also visits to Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for NCAAF USC Trojans games wearing a Trojan pullover. (well it gets chilly in the evening)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • He's the best rider since Merckx, I believe.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • He's the best rider since Merckx, I believe.

Gonna win the Tour, no question
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    He's the best rider since Merckx, I believe.

Gonna win the everything there is to win. A true cannibal
    Fyfy
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Nice wee ride by my man bardet n this race though.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Great - now we will be back to hearing his chances in the spring classics being bigged up for the next few weeks
  • ShutupJens wrote:
    Great - now we will be back to hearing his chances in the spring classics being bigged up for the next few weeks

I stopped regarding EBH as a P-R or Flanders contender a good while ago. But given his confidence level from these early season results, plus a 10th place last year, I wouldnt be surprised to see him up there in MSR
  • ShutupJens wrote:

They've got a decent team for the classics, have MTN. Farrar knows those roads well, Brammeier is a useful wild card too. If EBH gets his act together, I foresee top 10s. Maybe he's all in for Omloop again?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Tour of Oman - Stage 3 result
    1 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Team Katusha 4:03:22
    2 Moreno Hofland (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo
    3 Roy Jans (Bel) Wanty - Groupe Gobert
    4 Mike Teunissen (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo
    5 Jean-Pierre Drucker (Lux) BMC Racing Team
    6 Zico Waeytens (Bel) Team Giant-Alpecin
    7 Berden De Vries (Ned) Roompot - Oranje Peloton
    8 Robin Stenuit (Bel) Wanty - Groupe Gobert
    9 Daniel Oss (Ita) BMC Racing Team
    10 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Dimension Data
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    ShutupJens wrote:

I stopped regarding EBH as a P-R or Flanders contender a good while ago. But given his confidence level from these early season results, plus a 10th place last year, I wouldnt be surprised to see him up there in MSR

We all did - none of the regular commentators seem to have got the message!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Kristoff has got to be MSR favourite.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    ShutupJens wrote:

Has any other rider wrecked as many PTP seasons?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    https://twitter.com/simongeschke/status/700361320638640128

Geschke not happy with Kristoff

'Not a fan of sprinters that get pushed up the last climb by teammates and then win the stage.'
  • The_Boy
    GrenW wrote:
    https://twitter.com/simongeschke/status/700361320638640128

Geschke not happy with Kristoff

'Not a fan of sprinters that get pushed up the last climb by teammates and then win the stage.'

Bouhanni in the other race, no?
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    :oops: :oops: Bugger!

Forgot about RdS. Knew it wasn't Algarve with the hilltop finish
  • GrenW wrote:

Of all the threads in all the world, you had to bring Brou-ha-hanni into this one :)
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    GrenW wrote:

Of all the threads in all the world, you had to bring Brou-ha-hanni into this one :)

I would've thought the ladies would like Nacer.

But whadda I know.
  • dish_dash
    Green mountain seems to have been tasty. Nibs takes the win. Nice to see Dumoulin and Kudus both up there too.

No idea about the antipodeans.

You get the top 12 as I thought I may as well throw Pozzo into the mix.

Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Astana Pro Team 4:25:48
    Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:09
    Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 0:00:12
    Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin 0:00:18
    Rui Costa (Por) Lampre - Merida 0:00:38
    Merhawi Kudus (Eri) Dimension Data 0:00:43
    George Bennett (NZl) Team LottoNl-Jumbo
    Brendan Canty (Aus) Drapac Professional Cycling 0:00:45
    Floris De Tier (Bel) Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise 0:01:08
    Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Dimension Data 0:01:10
    Eduardo Sepulveda (Arg) Fortuneo - Vital Concept
    Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:01:22

JvdB was 2mins down and Weening 20 secs behind him...
  • dish_dash
    BTW - look closely and you'll see Roompot with their disc brakes...

095649_20160216TOO0015.jpg
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Ahem.

My Man Eddie strikes again. Now he's on my Qhubeka squad all the prophecies will come true.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format