Saddles- selle italia v prologo

forestnot1
forestnot1 Posts: 244
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I have been recommended via prologo saddle fit a prologo nago 134 saddle. I would like to ride selle italia, which saddle is closest? Slr?

Thanks

Comments

• Sure, I know prologo nago is good for me, just wondering what the selle italia equivalent model is?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This is a very hard thing to quantify. I have Fizik Anteres saddles on all of my bikes. My best bike has a carbon braided top of the range one and the other bikes have cheaper manganese rail versions. Not one of them feel the same as the others and these are the same brand. Trying to compare another brand like for like is near impossible without sitting on one for a few rides and seeing which suites you better/
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    forestnot1 wrote:
    Sure, I know prologo nago is good for me, just wondering what the selle italia equivalent model is?

I have the selle italia SLR carbon seat/seat post combination. It's very narrow and takes a bit of getting used to but I've found it pretty comfortable for rides of around 100k so far.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    Selle Italia SLR XC/XC Flow 131mm.. 175/160 grams ...

£49 and £69 respectively from Planet X's "On-One" sister site. Strangely-absent from the actual PX site :?: These saddles are much dearer elsewhere.