Screw in blanks to replace specialized studs

condorman
condorman Posts: 811
edited March 2016 in The workshop
Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. I bought some Specialized s-works XC MTB shoes (bargain as reduced by £100) to use on my fixed wheel and so removed the front two studs as I won't be needing to dig in on the mean streets of London. No screw in blanks were provided, unlike on my last pair of Specialized BG MTB shoes, and (pardon the pun) I've drawn a blank in trying to find some online. Neither Specialized nor Cyclesurgery were able to assist. All I'm looking for is a really short screw with a large flat head that will fill the screw hole and stop the empty holes filling up with crap - any suggestions?
Condor Pista
50x16

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yup, find out the thread size and by a short dome headed bolt (or 4) to fill the holes!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Or put the studs in and leave some nice marks on any vehicle that carves you up .... ;)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Think I used M5 bolts in a pair of Nike shoes, use a bottle boss bolt to be sure then order them online.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Thanks for the replies. I shall work out the thread size and order some short dome headed bolts. I would have kept the studs in as they are look like steel but they protrude beyond the sole would would made walking awkward when not off-road.
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    10 M5 short domed bolts ordered from ebay - £1.00 including first class delivery! Job done and very pleased. Thanks for the advice.
    Condor Pista
    50x16