Propel Advanced 0

jack264
jack264 Posts: 39
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
I've been looking at getting an Aeroad Di2 7 for the past few days, but had the Propel Advance 0 pop up as a suggestion, not only does it seem similar in terms of what it's offering, speed and aero with Ultegra Di2, it's cheaper and I have a local dealer for Giant....down the road.

Is there any reason I shouldn't be going for this bike? Would the wheels need a significant upgrade, how do they compete with the Cosmics on offer on the Aeroad? But given the £750 difference(and what I could get for the stock wheels), I guess that upgrade wouldn't be too much of a hit.

Any significant disadvantages to going for the Giant instead of the Aeroad?

I can't seem to find a decent review on this years model....I live in North Wales, so it'd be handy if it climbs well also. But I've got my current bike for anything super mountainous, though by all accounts, the Aeroad is a more than capable climber.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    It's fine and the wheels are as good as Cosmics.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • it's (the giant) is cheaper at List price. and i imagine your LBS can do at least 5-10% off it.

Personally i think the a LBS purchase is worth a certain premium, in the case of any warranty issue. Such as something as simple as a dud battery or mech.

And of course you'll actually get a bike reasonably soon, unlike Canyon.
  • Olas
    Olas Posts: 54
    Had the same dilemma last year, was mulling over an Aeroad 7.0 Di2. With the delivery date going back and back I just couldn't pull the trigger waiting 4 months.
    Looked at the Propel, rode a number of them and and the wheels on the Advanced 0 are very similar to Cosmics. In the end bought an Advanced Pro 0 which has different carbon clinchers.
    Great bike, feels fast and climbs very well. Very comfortable too!