Non-commercial jerseys

N1TRO
N1TRO Posts: 103
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm looking into buying a new kit and am looking for recommendations. The thing is I don't like racing replicas saying "Team Sky" all over, or having "Giant" written all down the side when I don't ride Giant. So just straight up graphics more or less.

International shipping would be nice since I'm not from the UK, or just point out some examples and I'll try to find it for myself. And try not to break the bank please. :)

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,877
    Hiya,

Galibier and La Passione spring to mind, the former having free international shipping.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Torm, DHB and Chapeau all do excellent jerseys and don't brake the bank
  • Probikekit.co.uk do their own make - PBK. Bought a few jerseys and really good value for money and last ages. Found their bibshorts and winter tights to be excellent. Free international shipping for some countries, if you spend over £40. Worth a look.
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There are probably over 100 brands who sell non team kit. Try a Google search of "cycling clothing"
  • N1TRO
    Solid info. :)

My eye fell on this thing by Chapeau; http://www.chapeau.cc/tempo-jersey-red-twin-stripe.html

Matches nicely with my bike, massively discounted and the shipping is pennies. It's already in the mail, just hope it fits in the end. :)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    DHB by Wiggle too.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    It depends on your build really. I am not a very slight built cyclist and find gore bike wear fits me well for mountain and road biking. On the road i wear castelli bib tights and shorts as they are tighter fitting but gore on top.

I buy most in the sales or even off ebay.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    lidl
  • N1TRO
    I took a look at the Chapeau team - turns out it's just a couple of guys trying to offer a quality product at a decent price. I value this kind of approach much more than the mass market Lidl/Hofer, Intersport etc. products, simply because of the story and effort that went into designing and producing the jersey. You'll know they put their hearts and minds into it.

I don't know how chain stores like Lidl look like over in the UK, but here in Slovenia it's mostly a cookie cutter store with pallettes instead of proper shelves. Speed and economic efficiency over service and presentation, which is a bit sad IMO. Apologies if anyone works in one of these places.

Theres even a joke going around: how do you know you're really fast - go to Lidl, buy whatever you need, then put everything in your bag before the girl at the counter asks "cash or credit card?"
  • nicklong
    nicklong Posts: 231
    I'm a big fan of Le Coq Sportif cycling clothing - pricey but there is usually a good amount of past-season stuff available in the sale online and the styling is fairly vintage/retro so, conversely, doesn't look out of date in a year.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Galibier.cc 's offerings are highly recommended!
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Rapha anyone? ;)
  • N1TRO
    Rapha anyone? ;)

A bit too steep for my wallet. ;)
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I like the look of Shutt VR. They seem to have some nice quality kit with some classic lines and not stupidly overpriced. I don't know anyone who has tried it though.
  • N1TRO wrote:
    Rapha anyone? ;)

A bit too steep for my wallet. ;)

I get that .. I've recently looked at Chapeau and they had some nice kit.
    Still a few sales items as well, purchased some thermal bib tights for £44 ;)
    Worth a look ...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I'm staggered by this thread. Do none of you have family or friends I can't remember when I last bought a jersey what with birthdays, Christmas and Father's Day. I got three for my last birthday, if I get any more I will need a bigger wardrobe :D
  • N1TRO
    Webboo wrote:
    I'm staggered by this thread. Do none of you have family or friends I can't remember when I last bought a jersey what with birthdays, Christmas and Father's Day. I got three for my last birthday, if I get any more I will need a bigger wardrobe :D
    I got 13 pairs of socks for Christmas this year. Really, I did.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,877
    Webboo wrote:

I'm very choosy about my kit, and like to pick up the bargains, and in those cases you just have to buy them there and then, no messing around - in fact I would say probably 80% of the stuff I buy is severely reduced, and the trouble is if you send sale details to someone, quite often they won't act in time, or my size will be sold out etc etc
    The only way I get jerseys for presents, generally, is if I send someone a link to it, other than that there is little point in someone picking a random jersey for me, as chances are it either won't fit, or I won't like it - granted not an issue if they pick somewhere with free returns, but no real point in my position.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mostly
    mostly Posts: 113
    stolen goat, and another galibier fan boy.
  • eciclo
    eciclo Posts: 27
    Dotout? www.dotout.it
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I agree with Daniel's post. I hate it when friends and family buy me cycling stuff (socks excluded - you can never have too many socks) - it's rarely what I would've chosen myself
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Daniel B wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

I'm very choosy about my kit, and like to pick up the bargains, and in those cases you just have to buy them there and then, no messing around - in fact I would say probably 80% of the stuff I buy is severely reduced, and the trouble is if you send sale details to someone, quite often they won't act in time, or my size will be sold out etc etc
    The only way I get jerseys for presents, generally, is if I send someone a link to it, other than that there is little point in someone picking a random jersey for me, as chances are it either won't fit, or I won't like it - granted not an issue if they pick somewhere with free returns, but no real point in my position.
    The missus tends to get me stuff from the Assos outlet site, so I have no complaints with my 5 pairs of shorts, 3pairs of tights, 5 short sleeve tops and a windblock top. My daughter tends to go in to Evans and haggle them down. :D