Mondraker Dune R

Mike Deere
Mike Deere Posts: 4,259
edited June 2016 in Your mountain bikes
This is thewaylander's old steed, which I acquired from him almost two years ago now when he upgraded to the 2014 XR model.

Made a few modifications since then so it's now more #enduro than ever apart from being 26" :wink:

Rides like a beast. Can throw it down hills like no-ones business and it just laps it up, but can also pedal like a demon on the flat. Sub 30 minute lap of Swinley Blue on a 26" 170mm/160mm travel steed with mud tyres? This thing did it!

Very happy with it as an all-round do-everything thrash machine. 26 is very much alive and kicking :D

DSC_2221.jpg~original

Frame: Mondraker Dune R 2010
Shock: Fox Float RP2
Forks: Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo V2 Titanium
Wheels: DT Swiss x430 on Hope Pro 2 Rear and OnOff 20mm Front
Tyres: Continental Baron Black Chili Compound
Brakes: Formula K18
Crankset: RaceFace Deus with Hope BB and Superstar 32t Narrow-Wide Chainring, Saint Pedals
Drivetrain: Sram x9 10spd Shifter and Type 2 Mech, XT Cassette with Superstar 40t Expander
Dropper: KS i900r 125mm
Cockpit: Nukeproof Warhead 760mm bars, OnOff Stem, Superstar Grips, Fizik Gobi Saddle

Comments

• Awww I loves that bike.. soooo good! not that i'm biased of course!
  • Mike Deere
    Mike Deere Posts: 4,259
    Updates! Now with the following changes:

• Superstar Carbon AM rims on Superstar Switch Ultra hubs
    • Put the Specialized Butcher and Purgatory tyres back on for summer, gone back to tubeless too.
    • Nukeproof Warhead Carbon bars.
    • Put the KS dropper on my hardtail and replaced it with Rockshox Reverb 125mm
    • Blackspire Stinger chain device after dropping the chain in my first race!

DSC_3228.jpg~original