Recommendations for 28-32 gravel tyres

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi I have a set of 700c disc wheels that I want to set up as an off road/gravel/trail wheelset and need some advice on tyres. Had the Randonneur Pro Folding before and they were ok but wondered what else was out there. Don't need anything too extreme but want lightish and tan walled would be nice. Price range circa £25 per tyre.

Comments

• Panaracer Pasela Tourguard, folding if you can afford them, otherwise wired
    left the forum March 2023
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,789
    Challenge Strada Biancha, think they are available in tan wall too.
  • no tan walls but i have been happy with the clement xplor mso tyres which come in 32mm and folding - http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... wgod4C8CPA Some excellent reviews on the web too
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    +1 for the Xplors, although they are better suited to off-tarmac, rather than on. Also, Schwalbe S-One and G-One are worth a look - but I don't think any of these tyres can be had for £25 unfortunately...
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I just fitted Schwalbe g ones on my bike, although they are the 38c. They go on tubeless super easy
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Imposter wrote:
    +1 for the Xplors, although they are better suited to off-tarmac, rather than on. Also, Schwalbe S-One and G-One are worth a look - but I don't think any of these tyres can be had for £25 unfortunately...
    Xplors are under £23 at Winstanlys - tempted to get a spare set myself...
  • Challenge Strada Bianche or Challenge Almanzo if you want a bit more grip. I have used both for a couple of winters on my gravel bike and love them. I dont think the Almanzo are much slower either.