WHat's the name of my bike?

ChILd_ReBoRn
ChILd_ReBoRn Posts: 92
edited February 2016 in MTB general
I bought a new frame, from a retailer. All it has is a catalogue number. I contacted the manuacturer (german, Messingschlager), but they say that they did the R&D on the frame, and it was made up to 2008., but they gave me no information for what brand.

So, other than the similarity to Kona models, I have nothing to go on.

the frame has V brake, and disc mounts, pretty short TT, and the cable guides go onthe top tube ( all for cables, no hydro guides).

It's made from 7005 aluminium.

any info is appreciated

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Might want to check that link.

You could call it Gertrude in the meantime.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • i call it mk1 reborn..

the link is a photo
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    the link is a photo

No, it's not:
    Your link wrote:
    Greška 404: stranica nije pronađena

Odabrana stranica ne postoji, premještena je ili obrisana. Provjerite da li ste upisali ispravnu adresu.

Za povratak na prethodnu stranicu, kliknite gumb Povratak.
  • the hell....

img-3246_5645ae3958699.jpg
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    That works.

Looks like whoever made it had a lot of metal they wanted to use up in a hurry!
  • and no round pipes....
  • cooldad
    I see three round tubes, and it's unlike any Kona in the history of the world.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • well. it would be pretty damn hard to fit bearings or a seat post in a square tube, now would it?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A lot of frames came out with this style - basically ripping off the Easton RAD tubing. If it is Easton Rad, there will be a stamp somewhere. The Kona Hoss, Saracen Zen, various brand X frames, Meridas and Specialized Hardrocks (Merida too) all had this squared tubing. And some Coves. And others. What is the frame number?
  • just a sec, let me check it:

K6E03673
  • It came out nice, but the problem is the short top tube. Im 187 cm, and this is a 21,5" frame.. and its short as hell

Xq3A4Kh.jpg
  • cooldad
    That looks so steep it's vertical.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Holy cow. Either that's a terrible photo or that thing must be extremely unstable.
  • hmmm..unstable im what way?
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    hmmm..unstable im what way?

He just means it doesn't have the now fashionable frame geometry, how the hell people rode bikes back in 2010 with short top tubes and steep head angles is a total mystery....didn't you die as as soon as you went down a hill on a pre-2010 bike???
  • I rode this
    dg7adt.jpg

and after buying this

dljqli.jpg

saw no difference. It's still heavy as a tank, I'm still dying uphill. Downhill..well..I Lean back from my seat and no problem
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    It's a bike, just go ride it and enjoy!

(If only I could take my own advice and stop stressing and obsessing over every component ha ha)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    That thing looks particularly steep at the front end. It looks steeper than my old 2008 Giant XTC and that was steep.
    I survived on pre 2010 bikes just fine and don't particularly like super slack enduro style bikes. I like my bikes a bit lively.
  • JGTR wrote:
    It's a bike, just go ride it and enjoy!

(If only I could take my own advice and stop stressing and obsessing over every component ha ha)

Can't.. the weather is crappy, I rode it out the other day, I barely made it out of the mud. I hate driving on asphalt.
    And I can't help but be envious on all the hogs around me.. air forks, XX, X1, XTR 29ers, and I struggle along on my tank.

It looks like a kid's bike under me..

12604840_10207250810342124_1126466868364404225_o.jpg
  • well... no more steep and vertical frames.. taa daa

12716070_10207360961535835_2385117859913418164_o.jpg?oh=521bc576a6d3c2c5cba0612124bdc100&oe=56C78968