The Saturday looking after toots normal service resumes thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,364
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Brrr.... it's clear and cold out there.

Going to take the toots for a walk.

May test the Alpha jacket tomorrow. Cannot understand how it works given it weighs less than a feather and is thinner than the OH's neglige.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Shoot connections as I now live in the cuntry ;) unfortunately only my work phone works

Built a couple of beds and a wardrobe - bored of diy already

Thankfully the kids will be here soon
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

They'll help you with the DIY.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Hiss wet through out on moors earlier, now warming myself off and about to have some coffee.

Had relish Irish stew for lunch so that was all nice.

Quiet afternoon then vino, cuddles with the Bambini (aaaahhhhhh) and iPlayer BBC4 programme about the Palio that we missed.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Hmm, might watch that thing on the Palio myself. I do like Siena. We've booked our favourite place in Tuscany again this summer. I can pass the time drinking coffee and watching the world go by from Bar Dante. One of my favourite places in the world, and it's run by friends of mine.
    Was going to work on the Mini but the harridans over the road have ditched their soft roader in front of the garage so I can't get it out. I nearly took their door off it's hinges knocking but they are either out or hiding. Ignorant tarts. Done a couple of jobs in the house, should probably eat something now.
  • Matthewfalle
    Harridans. Word of the day.

Chapeau.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hmm, might watch that thing on the Palio myself. I do like Siena. We've booked our favourite place in Tuscany again this summer. I can pass the time drinking coffee and watching the world go by from Bar Dante. One of my favourite places in the world, and it's run by friends of mine.
    Was going to work on the Mini but the harridans over the road have ditched their soft roader in front of the garage so I can't get it out. I nearly took their door off it's hinges knocking but they are either out or hiding. Ignorant tarts. Done a couple of jobs in the house, should probably eat something now.

Top half of that post sounds idyllic - would be perfect if TDLO was there was well, but we can't have everything.

Second part sounds like someone needs a punch in the throat.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425

Chapeau.

...And possibly termagant
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    Car is still there, I'm seriously unimpressed. Just called the old bill to get it towed, doubt they'll get round to it any time soon so I've arranged to borrow a very large trolley jack off a mate so I can move it myself in the morning. Ignorant, selfish, ugly, carpet munching bitches.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Evening Wasters,

Up in the frozen North today. Just walked though a hailstorm to get to the chippie. Cider is in the fridge for later and the Champions are on form in the footy so all is good for now.

The old dear is in hospital and a bit confused but at least she is recovering well from her op and will be out by Tuesday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b wrote:

Chapeau.

Fishwife? BB - misogynists? Now off to spread petals around the house...
    Ps Hope yer mum is ok soon, and belated happy birthday from me. Been away, enjoying my own 8)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:

Chapeau.

Ps Hope yer mum is ok soon, and belated happy birthday from me. Been away, enjoying my own 8)

You think we're fussy?!
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:

Chapeau.

Happy birthday as well BBG. When was yours?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Chapeau.

10th. I'm definitely a child of the 70's though. Must have been those 3 day weeks. See what happens when the unions take over :lol:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Some lights on over the road so went to ask them to move the car. Someone else looking after the house as the owners have gone to Barcelona. Apparently burnt out cars are moved as a priority. I'm worried I might damage the garage if I torch the thing though.
    Seriously, how thoughtless can people be?
    Hope the old dear is alright Stevo. Things like that must be a worry when you get to your age. Belated happy birthday BBG, hope you enjoyed it inappropriately.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Chapeau.

10th. I'm definitely a child of the 70's though. Must have been those 3 day weeks. See what happens when the unions take over :lol:
    So we have Len McLuskey's predecessor to blame for you? :) Blame the Yanks for me - my old man who shares the same birthday with me exactly 40 years apart - was RAF ground crew at the end of WW2 and apparently was due to get shipped out to the Pacific to help fight the Japanese until they nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki...
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Some lights on over the road so went to ask them to move the car. Someone else looking after the house as the owners have gone to Barcelona. Apparently burnt out cars are moved as a priority. I'm worried I might damage the garage if I torch the thing though.
    Seriously, how thoughtless can people be?
    Hope the old dear is alright Stevo. Things like that must be a worry when you get to your age. Belated happy birthday BBG, hope you enjoyed it inappropriately.
    Thanks V. She's OK physically and due to come out Mon/Tues but getting good a bit confused. Convinced someone has stolen her slippers and glasses which are at home. And keeps talking about cats even though none of us have any :?
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Chapeau.

So we have Len McLuskey's predecessor to blame for you? :) Blame the Yanks for me - my old man who shares the same birthday with me exactly 40 years apart - was RAF ground crew at the end of WW2 and apparently was due to get shipped out to the Pacific to help fight the Japanese until they nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki...
    Nah mate, you couldn't be more wrong..
    My mum and dad were both military when I was born. My mum was kicked out cos she was with me. My dad was allowed a pay rise (70 s were great) as he was in the army. True story (as told by dad):
    CO: Congratulations, private x, you are a father. Mum and child doings well.
    Dad: Lovely, am I allowed to know whether it's a boy or girl?
    CO: Piss off and stop wasting my time. RSM, march this idiot out.
    Should explain he was in Belfast at this time, so there could have been stuff going on.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Chapeau.

Nah mate, you couldn't be more wrong..
    My mum and dad were both military when I was born. My mum was kicked out cos she was with me. My dad was allowed a pay rise (70 s were great) as he was in the army. True story (as told by dad):
    CO: Congratulations, private x, you are a father. Mum and child doings well.
    Dad: Lovely, am I allowed to know whether it's a boy or girl?
    CO: wee-wee off and stop wasting my time. RSM, march this idiot out.
    Should explain he was in Belfast at this time, so there could have been stuff going on.

:)
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

They'll help you with the DIY.

They encouraged the setting up of the tv, which only works in there room - so they're happy