Down to a flip of a coin??

GRicha673
GRicha673 Posts: 23
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
I've narrowed down my £1000 budget to 2 bikes.
The specialized tarmac-sport 2015 or the cannondale evo 105 from Paul's. Both for £999 respectively, now I'm a reformed smoker the wife is happy for me to stick a little a side each month for upgrades so I'm wanting as good a frame as I can get for my initial outlay! What would you do/suggest? Do you know of any other bikes to throw a spanner in the works? :) I'm eager to hear some of the views of the forum!

Thank you!

Comments

• smmjrr
    smmjrr Posts: 45
    Hi no expert but try both and buy the one that you like best, think they are both very good bikes and at price i think they are good value and look pretty similar, sorry cannot be of more help, Steve
  • I appreciate any feedback Steve, thanks. I've had the old supersix but never an evo. I'm not a massive fan of the colour schemes on the two at Paul's cycles which is a shame.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    The geometry of the old supersix is pretty much identical to the evo - so from this you will know how well it fits you. The other major brands - Giant, Scott, Canyon etc have equivalent race bikes which to be honest will be similar in quality.
  • both look like solid choices. I've been riding a supersix for a few years and its a very good bike. your choice could be down to geometry, specs and looks.
    The specialized has shimano 105 5800 (11 speed) mostly, most of the supersix 2014 models have 5700 (10 speed), the 2015 has 5800 if that matters.
    if your looking to upgrade components gradually, id go for the specialized. The graphics will allow for a much wider choice of component upgrades.
    Im rambling really, either way you will have a great bike
  • both look like solid choices. I've been riding a supersix for a few years and its a very good bike. your choice could be down to geometry, specs and looks.
    The specialized has shimano 105 5800 (11 speed) mostly, most of the supersix 2014 models have 5700 (10 speed), the 2015 has 5800 if that matters.
    if your looking to upgrade components gradually, id go for the specialized. The graphics will allow for a much wider choice of component upgrades.
    Im rambling really, either way you will have a great bike
    I'm going with the tarmac! My choice is now black or orange!! :D