Miche Primato 10 speed cassette Spacer Sequence

beetle1
beetle1 Posts: 189
edited February 2016 in Workshop
Hello folks, Im doing some work on a friends bike and he has supplied a 12/29 Miche Primate cassette for me to fit. Does anyone know the sequence of washers on it as there seems to be the red spacers and then 2 x thin metal washers. The fact the the 29 bevels out slightly leads me to believe that maybe a metal spacer should be used between that and the next (26) sprocket? Thanks

Comments

• keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    This is for A Campa Cassette , but maybe it helps:
    23rqver.jpg
  • beetle1
    Thanks but unfortunately it doesn't, Miche are different, cheers
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I have a Miche for a Campag freehub (spacers are blue). I believe all the spacers are the same size for the one cassette (different colour for different speed/groupset). The thin metal spacers were just packing shims - that's what I thought anyway. I never used them.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I have two Miche 10 speed cassettes for campag. Both have identical blue spacers between all sprockets except the two smallest which have an integral spacer and no spacer on the wheel side of the hub. I bought them both new. I am certain they are Miche and I think but I am not sure they are primato.
    All sprockets ( except the two smallest) are the same thickness and therefore need the same thickness spacer.
    They do not sound like yours, are you sure yours are Miche?
  • g00se
    Miche have diferent colour spacers for different groupsets and speeds. 10 speed campag is blue. I think Shimano 10-speed is red.

And yes, the biggest and smallest sprockets don't need spacers.
  • g00se
    Spacer details here:

http://www.miche.it/productattachments/ ... load?id=81

One thing that's odd is the lockring rows - could it be suggesting that you need a shim if you have an 11-tooth smallest sprocket?
  • beetle1
    Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated as always
  • beetle1
    Hello folks, just had the definitive answer from The Cycle Clinic and as gOOse confirms, the largest and smallest sprockets (for Shimano) dont need a spacer, thanks again